Post by MOst_53 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:14 am

Hi everyone,

Today I uploaded my first public module Magic Translations (translations management for multi-langual sites) to OpenCart extensions catalog (http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=13548).

Earlier I tried few other modules for translations management and I was not satisfied, so I decided to create new one. Main requirement for me is usability. So I tried to make this module very simple and fast.

I would be very glad if you leave your comments about my module here or on module page. I have a big plans about different improvements. If you have any ideas we can discuss them here.

Post by saariko » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 am

Hi,

Thanks for this module.

I have an issue, while looking at the FRONTEND, I get an error, but it does not direct me to the errornous file

Code: Select all

Error occured:
Warning: mb_check_encoding() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/teddylan/public_html/admin/controller/module/magic_translations.php on line 163Warning: utf8_encode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/teddylan/public_html/admin/controller/module/magic_translations.php on line 163Warning: mb_check_encoding() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/teddylan/public_html/admin/controller/module/magic_translations.php on line 163Warning: utf8_encode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/teddylan/public_html/admin/controller/module/magic_translations.php on line 163Warning: mb_check_encoding() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/teddylan/public_html/admin/controller/module/magic_translations.php on line 163Warning: utf8_encode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/teddylan/public_html/admin/controller/module/magic_translations.php on line 163Warning: mb_check_encoding() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/teddylan/public_html/admin/controller/module/magic_translations.php on line 163Warning: utf8_encode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/teddylan/public_html/admin/controller/module/magic_translations.php on line 163
This is not helping, and wandering if I am missing something?

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:57 am

just to remind the OC v.1.5.6.x Multi-Language Shop Users on this, I updated this Theme again. Opencart Magic translations Is a very handy Tool, to change Language Test, or Characters, in the User Section as well as in the Admin Section.
just to mention it! ;)
Ernie
hitline.info/shop/

Links removed, since no longer valid
Last edited by IP_CAM on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:03 am

[saariko] I have an issue, I get an error ..... :

Warning: mb_check_encoding() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/teddylan/public_html/admin/controller/module/magic_translations.php on line 163
Well, I just experienced the similar Error Message, trying to access the Backend, after installing an Image-Manager Extension, and this Extension contains an array, in the language File, Magic-Translations is seemengly not able to handle!

I have never seen such before in a language file. But at least, this is a late reply, and possible explanation, why such could happen! ;)
SOLUTION:
I had to rewrite the controller-file a little, and change the language File content
accordingly, in the image-manager - language file:

$_['text_home']	='Home';
$_['text_mkdir']		='New Folder';
$_['text_mkfile']	='New text file';
$_['text_upload']	='Upload';
$_['text_reload']	='Reload';
$_['text_getfile']	='Getfile';
e.t.c.
and in the image-manager controller file:

public function settings() {
$this->load->language('module/image_manager_plus');
$this->data['heading_title'] = $this->language->get('heading_title');
$this->data['text_unselect_all'] = $this->language->get('text_unselect_all');
$this->data['text_select_all'] = $this->language->get('text_select_all');
e.t.c.

to just make it work, the to me 'usual' way again.
Just to mention it !
Ernie
---

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Dazzas » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:54 pm

Hi, where can I download this extension? Link not working :(

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:32 am

Sorry, but I had to remove the Downloads, because, some weeks ago, I run into
a Problem, Magic Translations suddenly removed some of the 'white space gaps'
in a language file line, thereby disabling this Line from doing it's Job.
( I always hated those Gaps, for many good reasons, Code does not have to look nice, visually, but to work)

I have not made any further tests, to be able to possibly re-produce this Error, due
to lack of time, and I never run into any problems before, so, If you care to test my
latest one used, here it is, monentarely at least.
Good Luck! ;)
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland