Post by tech1x10 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Hello, does anyone have any experience with using this module with OC 1.5.6, I've used it successfully on 1.5.4 but since upgrading the module is no longer available in my admin panel. I have checked and updated the users and groups section where it's still listed as a module, but no longer appears?

Many thanks in advance.

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:50 am

because it just won't support the new version of OpenCart, especially with the new tables in it and new columns etc.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by tech1x10 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:35 pm

I see, thanks for the reply, are you aware of a similar product which will work with 1.5.6? Commercial or otherwise

Post by MarketInSG » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:32 pm

I am unsure of this. There might be some commercial ones that may have updated. Try searching in the extension store

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by tech1x10 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:19 am

Hi there, I downloaded the latest Excel Import/Export tool for 1.5.6 and at first glance and having added a few cursory products and categories, it appeared to work but recently I am getting this error message:

"Uploaded file is not a valid spreadsheet file or its values are not in the expected formats!"

I should tell you I am using Open Office 4 then converting the file to XLSX, I'm wondering if this might be the problem. I will if necessary buy a license for Excel but being a fan of Open Source (and not particularly a MS fan), I'm reluctant to do this.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Post by Gamesol » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:06 am

tech1x10 wrote:Hi there, I downloaded the latest Excel Import/Export tool for 1.5.6 and at first glance and having added a few cursory products and categories, it appeared to work but recently I am getting this error message:

"Uploaded file is not a valid spreadsheet file or its values are not in the expected formats!"

I should tell you I am using Open Office 4 then converting the file to XLSX, I'm wondering if this might be the problem. I will if necessary buy a license for Excel but being a fan of Open Source (and not particularly a MS fan), I'm reluctant to do this.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

If you pm me your email address I can send you one of my xlsx files that are ms and you can test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Post by tech1x10 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Many thanks Gamesol, your XLSX file works perfectly. Now just need to find out what's wrong with my conversion process

Post by wsrinivas » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 pm

please share it with me too

Buildng Party Supplies websites
http://www.partystuffonline.co.uk

Location - Milton Keynes, UK