Post by Saudi Bee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:29 am

Hi,
I and may someof you may want to make certain product as a main product in the sore , lets say one featured product in the main page with the add to cart option and all the properties of the product page in the home page bottom or center. This will make this product more important, reviewing easier, more photos, videos and generally buying it easier.
I need this feature.. very imp for me.

regards.

Post by labeshops » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:34 am

Why not just do a banner or slideshow featuring that product and linking to it?

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Saudi Bee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Good idea, but featuring in a banner or slideshow will only adds photos and links and I mainly use the slideshow to explain the properties of this product. I also have some banners for other products but what if you want Sell specific product first, or most . For example a new type of computers just arrived. Or special product you want to put %70 discount?
Putting certain product in the main page is an essential potion and will change the layout for easier and faster shopping . We sometimes see without noticing . You know, not all your products have the same popularity and importance and some products have regular request.
If the main product in the homepage , It will only takes 2 clicks to finish the order. 1- add to cart 2- placing the order. it is FASTER even when reviewing , tweeting/liking , reading full description through tabs and watching a video if enabled through i frame. documents, More over, you will have related products down.
This make featuring a product really effective.

Post by labeshops » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:40 am

You could set it as a featured product on the home page, then style the featured product however you want it in the template and css. (or copy the featured module and then do this)

Running Opencart v2.2 with multi-stores from http://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA