Post by rio121 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi all,

I have been looking for a way to have one product listing BUT with a drop down option to offer the product for digital download OR to physically post the item. Anyone got any ideas if this is possible? and if so how to do it so the download drop box forwards to a digital download and the physical CD one automatically knows it needs to be posted by mail?

Thanks in advance

Post by straightlight » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:30 pm

In order to set a drop-down as such would require to load the shipping modules so when digital downloads would be specifically about a physical CD whether knowing when it has to be delivered by mail or not. This approach would require more server resources as well as more traffic since each visitors as much as users would require to connect to the shipping API web service when involved.

Nevertheless, this suggestion should rather be moved into the Feature Requests section of the forum instead of the General Support.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rio121 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:40 pm

cheers for that str8light. ;D

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:21 am

cheers for that str8light.
That is one way I could of rather created my user name. :ponder:

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Opencart.com Administrator / Quality Assurance Analyst / Programmer

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Avvici » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:25 am

On straighlight's suggestion I am moving this to feature requests.

Expert Member

Location - Asheville, NC