Post by allshippedout » Sat May 19, 2012 7:07 am

Hello All,

I'm going to start running a sale every Monday. When I run the sale I enable a click-able banner across the top of my screen to the product page. Is there any way (or module) to have the banner auto enable itself instead of me having to log into my admin at 12AM every Monday? :)

All The Best,

Edward

Post by JAY6390 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:43 am

If it's the only banner module you use, you could edit the template and just have

Code: Select all

<?php if(date('D') == 'Mon'): ?>
BANNER CODE GOES HERE
<?php endif; ?>

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Mon May 28, 2012 9:55 pm

The only problem by editing the date manually is the GMT time which the demonstrated way above would be based on the server time period and not the geographical date and time period.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by JAY6390 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:58 pm

True, though its unlikely a store would have a promo running based on a local time setting, as that can be manipulated

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by straightlight » Mon May 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Correct. However, the geographical setting doesn't have to be about local settings but either the server setting as the date and time period. It could rather be based on the converted date and time period of the customer's IP address. Although, the only problem with IP addresses is one they change, and the customer does maintain the same account, the date and time period may vary from different constant time since the switched IP could be relayed from another server. The proper solution would be an atomic server but that would be understandably beyond the point of achieving the goal on this topic.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON