Post by Creativerty » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:57 pm

I know this would probably be difficult but some sort of Point of Sale system would really make Opencart stand apart from it's competitors!

Post by labeshops » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm not that familiar with pos systems, but assume you want to integrate them for inventory purposes???

If your POS system exports inventory to csv or xml files, you could probably use one of the opencart import/export extensions to sync them together???

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by Tcalp » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:37 am

The latest Open Cart can create orders / invoices on the back-end .. so I guess it all depends on what you consider to be point of sale.

Increase Page Speed (#1 rated commercial extension on OpenCart Marketplace)
15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite

irc.freenode.net #opencart

Post by Tcalp » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:37 am

Also there is a fair amount of extensions on the open cart store which provide some level of order entry capabilities

Increase Page Speed (#1 rated commercial extension on OpenCart Marketplace)
15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite

irc.freenode.net #opencart

Post by Creativerty » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Point of Sale to me is integration with a till software / hardware / card machine etc that updates the stock inventory in the online store when a customer buys from the actual store, would be nice if Opencart could team up with one of the POS software vendors to supply some sort of universal bridge at affordable prices.

Post by dimeuleh » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:07 pm

I am looking for a solution for my opencart site to be bridge to some POS software. I just cant seem to find any POS software to use to link to my opencart site.