Post by karlpers » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi all,

I think Opencart is almost complete in terms of a e-commerce solution aimed as a combined b2b and b2c store, especially with the new layout system allowing me to set different content in when having multi stores.

What I'm missing though, in terms of having the store used for two different types of customer groups is the ability to set different payment and shipping alternatives depending on customer group, or depending on store when multi storing.

Is there any sort of extension available for this today? Or any idea of how difficult it would be to develop it? Does it requires to build in this feature in all single shipping/payment alternatives separately, or would it be possible to set up a new system/module where different alternatives can be enabled/disabled according to which store the customer are using?

Post by Qphoria » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:38 pm

This is something Daniel and I cannot seem to agree on.

I feel that there needs to be a core controller that maps extensions to geozones, tax classes, store id, customer groups, status, etc.

Daniel feels that things are fine the way they are and that the individual extensions need to add these features.

But that means it is completely up to the developer to update their extensions to add all these little features to each of their mods, instead of just adding it to one single place in the core.

I am actually looking into just making a mod version of an "Extension Manager" that will do it all in one place and override the individual options that each individual module offers, but this will be tricky to do as a mod. But if I can get something that makes sense, then we might be able to convince daniel to use it.

More discussion on the idea here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?t=28787#p142134

Administrator

Post by karlpers » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:52 pm

Ok, I see, maybe the easiest way of doing this is to add the "Enabled for customer group" option for each of the payment and shipping alternative.

Maybe someone could release an extension including instructions how to add that option to existing alternatives? I guess there would be quite the same process for all?