Post by labeshops » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:51 am

robster wrote:It would be great if it was possible to sell a product as either a physical item or a digital download, simply by choosing this option on he product page with a radio button...... or am I missing this function already there??
I think that is what "Requires Shipping?" yes/no is for. If it doesn't require shipping, it's a digital download. If it does, it's a physical item.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by robster » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:58 am

Hi, yes but I want to be able to offer the same product in either physical OR digital form. So in essence, one product but with two different purchase options.

robster

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by Johnathan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:36 pm

robster wrote:Hi, yes but I want to be able to offer the same product in either physical OR digital form. So in essence, one product but with two different purchase options.

robster
I'm working on an extension for this -- it would allow you to tie downloads & external links (like downloads/products from a streaming server) to individual options, directly in the product data. Keep your eyes out for it

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Thorworx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:44 am

Simplicity wrote:Put this in Bugs, but will also post in here. Maybe devs will find that useful and won't be too harsh because it's in feature request topic :D

ONE BANNER/SLIDESHOW - ONE LANGUAGE
You should be able to have a different set of images for each language of your site.

(Currently you have a single set of images which is displayed on every language you have installed. There's no point showing English adds for German speakers or vice versa.)
This is definitly a MUST HAVE for the next version. English Banners in all other langauges are a NO GO! Each Language should be able to have its own banners! Also it should be possible to narrow down to user groups and categories!
Last edited by Thorworx on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Thorworx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:52 am

marcelwoo wrote:Is it possible to integrate such a feature?

In the product page of the front end, buyers can paste external image links(like they upload their product photos onto photobucket.com) and youtube video links then upload the links for admin's authorization.
Once Admin enable the links, their shared videos and product images are displayed on the top of the review section.
Admin can set in the backend how many reward points buyers get for enabled shared images or youtube videos.

I think those shared photos and videos help to motivate visitors to buy and the shared photos and videos let viewers off your sites know you are selling something and contributes to attracting more traffic to your site.

Thx.
Now that would be a KILLER Feature! Great Idea!

Post by Thorworx » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:54 am

budfox wrote:An easy way to make Grid view the default option please.
Now this is really annoying, especially when you use a template that prefers the grid mode! I totally second that! There should be a button somewhere to change the default view. That simple!

Post by opencartrulez » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:50 am

Awesome Work on 1.5 - Suggestions for improvement:

If it has not been addressed there is a big issue with search speed on 1.5 on very large shops when using complex search methods.

This fixes it massively on my earlier than most recent version : http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=39759

Also category count effects this (although there is vq mod to disable) although for me it was only the above which when done allowed my shop to load - (approx 2000 products)

It would be a shame if speed was an issue which made opencart unscaleable as it is a very simple to modify and elegant cart.

A better option based search like magentos would be awesome, even in the extensions section there is still not the perfect solution to that.

Still struggling with importing product options and attributes also - even in the commercial mods there is no simple way yet to do a complete import and map these fields easily (A lot of other carts may have better import tools already included in the core wheras opencart has nothing to begin).

One thing which would be good is some method/helper of function to call any module directly anywhere within a template file. Whilst I have the hang of the new layout manager and layouts it is painful to create new areas to put things if not using the presets, that would be very useful and allow truly customisable designs where things can be in absolutely any part of the screen very easy.

Opencart is still by far the easiest cart to work with though - and I love it :)

Edit** Thinking about it probably shouldnt put feature requests here - thanks for your hard work Daniel, Q etc, surprised to see a 1.6 in progress so soon.

Post by utomo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:10 pm

OpenCart 1.60 Discussion started from June. and Now almost December.
What is the status now ?
when is estimated will be available ?

Good Luck

Post by marcelwoo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:20 pm

utomo wrote:OpenCart 1.60 Discussion started from June. and Now almost December.
What is the status now ?

Good Luck
well, Daniel is currently working on 1.5.2. That will takes lots of time and efforts. And it is impossible to add all the requested features here into 1.6.0. You can't give a definite date of release in software development, 'cause you might get stuck in the process of generating a certain feature. So be patient and wait. Patience and understanding is virtue.

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by karlpers » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:38 am

I think a huge improvements for us Scandinavian users would be an option to show the totals including vat, and have the vat line as "Total VAT included" as a bottom line. This has been discusses several times, e.g. http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=30267

I have heard this has been discussed with daniel. Anyone know if there are any plans to include this part?

Post by Steelace » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:03 pm

checkout_display.jpg

checkout_display.jpg (56.11 KiB) Viewed 5466 times

- Abillity to show sub-total in cart and checkout with or without tax! Its possible to show products including tax in catalog so why not in cart and checkout itself?

- Show how much tax for each item added in cart and checkout just like in product catalog when setting admin/settings/alternatives to show prices with tax.

- Show total including tax in cart and checkout with added specification how much of the sum is tax.

Nice to have configurable alternatives for all these in admin.

Oops! Didn't see the above post with the same request! I'm letting this stand anyway!

Post by utomo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:37 pm

marcelwoo wrote:
utomo wrote:OpenCart 1.60 Discussion started from June. and Now almost December.
What is the status now ?

Good Luck
well, Daniel is currently working on 1.5.2. That will takes lots of time and efforts. And it is impossible to add all the requested features here into 1.6.0. You can't give a definite date of release in software development, 'cause you might get stuck in the process of generating a certain feature. So be patient and wait. Patience and understanding is virtue.
Thanks but we just want to know when 1.52 estimated month
and also 1.6 estimated month.

example
target 1.52 is January 2012
target 1.6 is June 2012 or something like that

Post by mfhepp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:00 am

Hi all,

are there any plans to add support for the GoodRelations E-Commerce Vocabulary (http://purl.org/goodrelations/) to OpenCart?

GoodRelations is a data markup standard that can be used to

1. create rich snippets in Google and Yahoo (and Bing has plans to support it, too), and
2. send precise relevance signals to the search engines, e.g. accepted payment methods.

For more information, see e.g. http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.or ... mantic_SEO

Many other shop systems have respective functionality by now, e.g.
If you need assistance with this, please email to me at mheppATcomputerDOTorg.

Best wishes

Martin Hepp

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:44 am

utomo wrote: Thanks but we just want to know when 1.52 estimated month

example
1.5.2 might be a month 1.6 will be more like 9months to a year it is the next MAJOR feature version, and currently is not even being worked on that I know of.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by utomo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:03 am

Xsecrets wrote:
utomo wrote: Thanks but we just want to know when 1.52 estimated month

example
1.5.2 might be a month 1.6 will be more like 9months to a year it is the next MAJOR feature version, and currently is not even being worked on that I know of.
Thanks. It is better now.

Post by OpenCart Addons » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:26 am

A better system for product downloads.

Eg. When I update a download and select "Push To Previous Customers", perhaps update the "Date Added" and "Download Name" to match the new version of the download.

Also, I noticed it references the old filename when determining which downloads to update. Can you not use the download_id as a reference by adding it into the order_download table?

I've made my own patch for v1.5.1.2 to solve this problem. I was having issues with some of my old orders not being updated when I would push updated downloads to previous customers.

I created a mod for my site to solve this problem
  • Added download_id & date_added to the order_download table
    download_id is added to the order_download table during the order confirmation process
    name & date_added are updated when downloads are pushed to previous customers
    date_added of download also is updated when a new version is uploaded
    When updating previous customer's orders, it references download_id instead of the the old filename
This helps a lot because I use version numbers in the name for tracking purposes and the customer can compare the name of their download (which now gets updated) to their current installation version. Also, it will update all downloads with the correct download_id instead of the current system which won't update older orders because of a different filename.

If these were part of the core system, I'm sure it would help a lot of people.

Was there a reason it wasn't done this way originally?

Regards,

Joel.

*Edit: For anyone is interest, I've released the modification I created. You can download it in the forums HERE or on my site HERE.

Canada's Leading Expert In OpenCart Development & Certified OpenCart Development Partner Image

Location - Canada

Post by anarosaklinke » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:58 am

Hello!

Multi Vendor System

PLEASE!!!!!

So have some extension for this? for 1.5.1.3?

I need so!!!!

Post by dizarter » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:29 am

Don't forget to include this fix in the new version:

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 22#p227922

Required for 2CheckOut to work with "Direct Return" option chosen

Post by sml » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:16 am

different prices for different stores .... ie
website1.com = product A = $15
website2.com = product B = $35

sml

Post by dizarter » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Split settings for "items per page" on Search Page and on other Catalog pages (same as admin is split from catalog).

It's very useful if you don't have sidebars on search page.

For example, in my store default items per page is set to 9.

On category page there is a sidebar so I display 9 products in a nice 3x3 floated grid.

However, I don't have sidebars on search page and therefore I use 4 columns.
Now those 9 items have to be arranged in this 4x3 grid, thus 1st and 2nd row have 4 products each,
while the 3rd row has only 1 product, leaving the rest 3 grid cells empty, which looks very ugly.

If I was able to set out of the box (which I am, because I hacked the core to add that setting :D ) how many
products per page to display on the search page, things would be much easier.

BTW, I voted for OpenCart on Crunchie awards - so, to show me your appreciation for that, please take this suggestion into consideration. :) :) :)