Post by jmartins » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:06 am

Please remove IE 6 compatibility.

See http://www.ie6countdown.com/ it's a official Microsoft position.

regards
Joao Martins

Post by jmartins » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:40 am

My two cent's

Please remove IE 6 compatibility. See http://www.ie6countdown.com/ it's a official Microsoft position!!!

Support to Cielo Buy Page

Make a Wizard to do the OpenCart update
Put the extension Min/Max order into the core
Percentage discounts for customer groups and quantities
Make a discount by quantities.
Product filter by category, price, size, color, etc
Adds extra fields like SKU
Support to Barcode

Add a Audit tracker for sales and products.

Native Mozilla Browser ID support

Native Oauth support (facebook, google+, twitter, etc...)

Native integration with a CDN and CMS ( joomla, drupal, Wordpress, etc)

A mobile store, netbook and tablets( 8", 9" and 10") front-end
More support to HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript (maybe use Coffescript)
Support to SVG
More Reports, maybe use Javascript ( Raphaël or D3s.js)

Support to Ngnix web server and Memcache
Change ImageMagick to GraphicsMagick

Import products/categories/manufacturers using one csv file
Export Database to CSV files...

Official support to PostgreSQL 9.x

Maybe a NoSQL support (Couchdb, Mongodb, Leveldb, Riak, etc) I know NoSql don't have "ACID".

There is a mod by JustinV called "OpenCart RESTful server API" . It allows you to interface with the cart using url calls, similar to how http://api.hostip.net works.
So you can get product details remotely from an api call. More info here: http://opencart.hostjars.com/rest-api

And the last but the more important: make a better site documentation of the code...

regards,
Joao Martins

Post by marcelwoo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 am

Not sure if this is a feature request, just about ways of upgrading. If you think this post is not in the right position, please delete it:D Currently when some minor bugs are fixed, a new version of downloadable file will be released (like from 1.5.1 to 1.5.1.1). Well, if you have heavily modified your cart (or let's say you have made some changes) and want to keep pace with the newest version to eliminate the known bugs, you will have to replace all the core files, 'cause many people do not even know what codes in which files have been changed! and all the changes you have made will be gone :(
I guess it might be better to release something like hot patches (only include files which have been changed) with a new version of cart files. So you can use to comparing tool to figure out what codes you need to change in these updated files and keep all the changes you have made. Life will be much easier:D
Really I think overwriting all the core files is neither the only way of upgrading or the best one.

Hope someone will think about this seriously.

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by Xsecrets » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:13 am

marcelwoo wrote:Not sure if this is a feature request, just about ways of upgrading. If you think this post is not in the right position, please delete it:D Currently when some minor bugs are fixed, a new version of downloadable file will be released (like from 1.5.1 to 1.5.1.1). Well, if you have heavily modified your cart (or let's say you have made some changes) and want to keep pace with the newest version to eliminate the known bugs, you will have to replace all the core files, 'cause many people do not even know what codes in which files have been changed! and all the changes you have made will be gone :(
I guess it might be better to release something like hot patches (only include files which have been changed) with a new version of cart files. So you can use to comparing tool to figure out what codes you need to change in these updated files and keep all the changes you have made. Life will be much easier:D
Really I think overwriting all the core files is neither the only way of upgrading or the best one.

Hope someone will think about this seriously.
I imagine this will happen once the code has stabilized. Q always releases both a patch and full release on the 1.4.9.x. I'm sure the same will happen whenever 1.5.x is turned over to him.

until that time if you are making core changes I highly recommend you look into vqmod.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by framos41 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:00 pm

it would be great a version upgrade wizard like the one in joomla that dont need to install and modify again all he addons

Thanks!

OC is Great!!

Post by phonepartsusa » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:05 pm

I think adding a package tracking module for UPS, Fedex and USPS would be great. Also a better search module.

But, i am in love with OpenCart with v 1.5.1 Good work Daniel!

Post by phonepartsusa » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:30 pm

I think another great addition would be to link opencart to a shipping program. All the other ecommerce scripts connect to stamps.com or other ecommerce shipping programs.

Post by seniyajw » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 pm

I tried to code my current store to work with Rackspace Cloud Files, but the time it takes to write the images to the CRC on the fly as well. What certainly can not be done on the fly, but must be managed in admin.

Tera Items Tera Online Gold Tera Account

Post by exactweb » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:03 am

Some way that is possible for the system to know what page you are on. This would allow for selected state on category and menu.

Post by karlpers » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:06 am

A little improvement of the current Welcome message module would be appreciated I think. I think the user should be able to set the H1-tag for each module, instead of automatically having the "Welcome to <store name>"

Post by Scribe » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 pm

I'd like to also say a full plug-in system would be great as my number 1 priority.

I often need to update carts to fix bugs etc but avoid this as unless the changes I've written are self contained modules (and even then the sql isn't) I have to work out how to reintegrate the changes all over again, which on some sites, there's simply to many for it to be workable for the cost a client is willing to pay.

A plug-in system with auto sql install/uninstall and hooks to allow plug-ins to embed or extend upon existing modules and features so that they can be seamlessly reintegrated with new versions would be a HUGE time and money saver.

I won't even mention any other features as this is by far number 1 for me.

Cheers

Post by visnetmedia » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 am

Hi thanks for allowing us to enter suggestions.
I know this has been noted before but maybe frequency might make it more inviting to add.... ;D
* insert new orders manually
* calculates tax automatically in product and in options where there is a field to insert either with or without tax
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... &hilit=tax

I know it is problem with multiple tax rates but would love to see a solution at the moment it is really time consuming if you have prices given to you inclusive of tax.

Post by karlpers » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 pm

I think a similar way of placing certain information links in the top navigation would be a great thing.
Last edited by karlpers on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by onlinemarketer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Feature requests:

1. Wordpress style automated theme installation from admin back end.
2. Contact form email subject line to be managed from admin back end so you know which opencart site the query is from, currently subject line reads only 'enquiry' make it hard to decipher which web site they were on!
3. Better feature in admin back end for searching products by more fields ad using wildcards.
4. Multiple product edit, for example, select 5 products and add or remove from a category or select all products and add 5 to stock count.

Post by werepair » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:02 pm

i would personally like to see the option to have the shopping cart to be either displayed in the header or an option to have it in column left or column right or even better as a pop up box- screen, e.g once a product has been added, then a popup box would appear with the shopping carts items listed or this box would display buttons ,
1. VIEW CART,
2. CHECKOUT,
3. CONTINUE SHOPPING,
4. CLEAR CART
5. CLOSE THIS POPUP
this would make the shopping cart more visible for shoppers on your store and add a great looking feature.

Location - United Kingdom

Post by opencartrules » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Consider implementing the following features

1. M-commerce is the future
OpenCart could take customers to the next level: Mobile e-commerce. Go ahead of the competition launch an optimized online store tailored specifically for smartphones and mobile phones. The design should be suited for small screens, which allows customers to do business in a much simpler and more enjoyable way.
The mobile commerce, also called m-commerce, has grown very rapidly in 2010 and is expected to increase exponentially in coming years. Mobile commerce is bound to become a core function within the trade. Traders who fail to adapt their sites for mobile commerce and which fail to take advantage of the opportunities it entails risk of reduced sales, damage their brand image and harm the relationship with its customers - handset has now become a normal feature of commerce. Market analysis shows that the proportion of Internet traffic from handheld devices will increase dramatically over the next four to five years, with between 100% -200% increase per year. This means that even Internet commerce via smart phones will increase to the same extent.

2. Significantly improved plugin system, that doesnt change core files, or if it does would auto update them when the cart is updated.

3. Article tags
Allows customers to tag products and find related products that have been tagged in the same way.
Integrated with AJAX realtime search and advanced search to find products marked with keywords.
Creates a "cloud" with the most popular keywords / tags which customers can click on a tag and list all products that are marked with the keyword.

4. Import, export and update information easily
Import, export and update information in customer database
Importing and exporting newsletter subscribers
Export order information
Export months sales
Export months VAT

5. Multi Vendor/DropShipper module:

Features:
* Vendor SKU field
* Gross Profit field
* New Reports for Purchase
Purchase Reports with filter Group By drop down menu: by Country, Date, Vendor, Product, SKU
* Possibility to Export Reports
* Professional Purchase-document layout with Vendor logo and store logo
* Purchase-document incl.purchase price and shipping costs.
* Preview purchase possibility

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm

opencartrules wrote:
5. Multi Vendor/DropShipper module:

Features:
* Vendor SKU field
* Gross Profit field
* New Reports for Purchase
Purchase Reports with filter Group By drop down menu: by Country, Date, Vendor, Product, SKU
* Possibility to Export Reports
* Professional Purchase-document layout with Vendor logo and store logo
* Purchase-document incl.purchase price and shipping costs.
* Preview purchase possibility
I personally think this needs to be left as third party, or at the very least done as a separate download somehow. It will simply overcomplicate the cart and not very many people use it. Even less use it successfully. I might go along with adding some dropshipping features.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by silencox » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Hello to all

This is my first post, but first i'll like to thanks Daniel for opencart project.

Here is some of my idea and maybe future features most of them are related to admin part of opencart,

1) Language & localization - Database driven language and phrase management ( edit, add - only in development mode, or custom )

Currently we have only language management ( System -> Language ) but what about phrases, phrase groups, etc..
this can be easily manageable with database, it's only need 2 extra tables ( phrases, phrase groups ) first will store phrases for language, 2nd will store phrase groups ( modules, common phrases, admin backend, frontend, global phrases, etc... ), i must admit that I've done something similar for opencart 1.4.8 for one of my clients and can be done

2) better plugin/module system - i notice that someone mention this before

3) Admin backend modules or plugin system - as we have this in frontend why don't we have same in admin backend in that case this will be easier way to install custom modules in admin backend ( exporters, importers, etc... )

4) Database driven Admin backend menu - this will be based to permissions
5) Database driven permission system or ACL based on usergroups, permissions by routes as is now

Well this is all what i have for now

Regards
Sven

Post by bepdaniels » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:10 am

The ability to restrict categories (including it's subs!) to certain customer groups. Meaning that if you don't belong to that group then you can't see the category OR it's contents at all!

There is a mod for older versions that is so so close, but adding new categories means going back through every group and manually hiding it. I think this would be a vital and welcomed asset for many OC users (think wholesale or what I have painstakingly setup, a 'corporate customer store' (you can only buy your designated products).).

My two cents. Keep it up Daniel.

iPhone Jailbreak/Unlock: http://www.unlockiphone.com.au
ALL Phone's Genuine Factory Unlock: http://www.unlockcodes.com.au
COMING SOON: Unlock your iPhone through iTunes. No codes, software or downloads!

Post by bepdaniels » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 am

Oh, one more cent to add...

REPORTING!!!! At the moment I am using Apsona because the OC reporting really doesn't break down the information into anything useful.

iPhone Jailbreak/Unlock: http://www.unlockiphone.com.au
ALL Phone's Genuine Factory Unlock: http://www.unlockcodes.com.au
COMING SOON: Unlock your iPhone through iTunes. No codes, software or downloads!