Post by monta990 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 pm

A good idea can be make all the images files in cache folder to .png and whit high compress level like Yahoo Smush.it.

Post by monta990 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Iamdbat wrote:PAGE SPEED
Page Speed Score: 39/100
Enable compression
Leverage browser caching
Combine images into CSS sprites
Optimize images
Minify JavaScript
Defer parsing of JavaScript
Minify CSS
Inline Small CSS
Inline Small JavaScript
Optimize the order of styles and scripts
Minify HTML
Specify image dimensions
Specify a Vary: Accept-Encoding header
Eliminate unnecessary reflows
Avoid CSS @import
Avoid bad requests
Avoid long-running scripts
Enable Keep-Alive
Make landing page redirects cacheable
Minimize redirects
Minimize request size
Prefer asynchronous resources
Put CSS in the document head
Reduce request serialization
Remove query strings from static resources
Serve resources from a consistent URL
Serve scaled images
Specify a cache validator
Specify a character set

Need I say more
Some of this things YOU need to made it in YOUR OWN server, look:

Enable compression, Enable Keep-Alive, if not enabled in your server not works
Prefer asynchronous resources, this to
Avoid CSS @import ? What version of opencart you use?
Last edited by monta990 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by OC2PS » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 pm

monta990 wrote:Some of this things YOU need to made it in YOUR OWN server, loke:

That's true. Often shop owners (including me) complain about stuff that they need to do.

However, there are some things that OpenCart can do to drastically improve performance, even with the current database queries:
  1. GZip compressing CSS and JS (e.g. common.js, colorbox.css, tabs.js etc etc)
  2. Use Google's JQuery library instead of local copy http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/use ... libraries/ https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 84&t=41673
  3. Set expiry or age for all static files - CSS, JS, images, etc
  4. Defer parsing of JS so that it doesn't block page loading e.g. by putting JS in footer.
  5. Lossless compression of images, e.g. via SmushIt or using the logic that Smushit uses http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=68220
  6. Combine JS as much as possible.
  7. Combine CSS as much as possible.
I hope Daniel gets some time before the next version and that he considers implementing these in the core.

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:51 pm

OC2PS wrote:
monta990 wrote:Some of this things YOU need to made it in YOUR OWN server, loke:

That's true. Often shop owners (including me) complain about stuff that they need to do.

However, there are some things that OpenCart can do to drastically improve performance, even with the current database queries: I hope Daniel gets some time before the next version and that he considers implementing these in the core.
GZip compressing is best done with server settings.
Using Google's JQuery can be done by a small edit to header.tpl.
Setting expiry for static files is best done with server settings.
Compress your theme images before uploading using something like http://www.css-ig.net/scriptpng.html or http://www.css-ig.net/scriptjpg.html

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by pmi » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:44 pm

1) Import / Export system (users/orders/products/invoices) from xml/csv/excel
2) PDF invoices - with logo pull in and email-able to client/customer and invoice number different from the number order.
3) XML sitemaps as XML sitemaps
4) bulk dump of pdf pick and pack lists as well as invoice.
5) Coupons for Customer Groups
6) Display multiple subcategory in menu top and left menu of template.
7) Admin-Level Customization, for superadmin, admin, logistic.

pmi

Post by syednayab » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:55 pm

auto clear cache
Run Cron Jobs
smushed images (inspired from smush.it)
Updator like Wordpress

Just saying...

Life is a Gift! and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more......

Location - Mumbai India

Post by exciter » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:59 am

Hi.
It will be nice to have build in to the core solution to sell digital products (serial numbers).
For example to sell serial numbers for games, xbox live, wow, etc. or serial numbers for programs.
For sale list & sold list for each product.
Delivery option: email

Post by whoami524 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:04 pm

O0 Thanks !!I have known so much after reading your post

http://www.ofootballshirt.com

Post by cosmicx » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:34 pm

I wish you may add some Optimization function, maybe you might want to integrate minify.

And for the PDF Invoice, I wish you may include a feature where we can Include Tax Identification Number of the store seller and Invoice Number of course

I also wish you moved all the external JavaScript links at the bottom, just before the closing body tag.

A multi-level category menu, where top most parent shall not be selectable if it has a child category.

Post by webgodjj » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:24 am

A gift registry would be awesome! Three clients I had to use Magento, so I could use a plugin for gift registries. Searching everywhere for a plugin for open cart and on available. In fact tons of people requesting freelance help to create such a plugin.

Location - Madison, WI

Post by OC2PS » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:07 am

Would a public wishlist work like a gift registry?

OC2PS
OC 3.0.3.7, vQmod 2.6.2, Journal3 theme
Arcfesték, Csillámtetoválás, Henna
Check out: All my extensions | My FREE extensions

Location - Hungary

Post by netops » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:37 am

Please consider adding native cloudflare cdn support.

If the store elects to use cdn the following code will need to be integrated to handle the true IP pass through to opencart.
<?php $realip = $_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"]; print $realip; ?>

Makes a huge difference .. 90+ google page speed.
Minify's html, css, js etc.
Provides security.

If you want to take it a step further opencart can host a public directory of powered by stores and assign subdomains providing free CDN.

Each store will have its own subdomain along with an option to be listed in xxxxxxxx.cdn.opencart.com with free cdn.
A cname can be assigned to the opencart subdomain and the user gets a huge performance benefit / bandwidth savings and opencart gets a quantitative listing of the sites it powers.

win - win - win.

Post by dogmad » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:14 pm

kashflow integration would be nice or other accountably integration

Post by javeds1981 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:00 pm

First of all thanks Daniel and Team for Opencart.

Honestly speaking I have used oscommerce, virtuemart, CScart and now Opencart. I am pretty much impressed with opencart and the features. When I compare it with CScart, I see that it has all the features required and which CSCart also has in it. But with CScart as it is not opensource it has all the features well integrated which normally opensource lacks. Support for opencart is very good

My personal opinion is that it should have multivendor and product filter as it has become core of an ecommerce system.

Keep up the good work Opencart team!!

Post by cosmicx » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:50 am

A feature where an admin can choose to where the static resources of opencart shall be hosted on a subdomain. Im not referring to a CDN.

I mean that, javascripts, images, stylesheets shall be map at located at http://static.ourdomain.tld

so the code shall look like, for instance

<link rel=stylesheet href="http://static.ourdomain.tld/css">

Post by ADD Creative » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:20 pm

cosmicx wrote:A feature where an admin can choose to where the static resources of opencart shall be hosted on a subdomain. Im not referring to a CDN.

I mean that, javascripts, images, stylesheets shall be map at located at http://static.ourdomain.tld

so the code shall look like, for instance

<link rel=stylesheet href="http://static.ourdomain.tld/css">
This would be useful. You could then use a cookie-less sub-domain to save bandwidth.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by rmi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:56 am

Minor enhancements to current system:

Order status by order rows or by products.
- Customer may return only one product from order and keep the rest
- If order leaves in multiple shippings, all rows are not complete at the same time
- If gift voucher is bought among other stuff, customer needs to wait for whole order to complete
- A must for drop shipper system to keep track of orders where different vendors ship products directly to customer

Totals
- All totals with and without taxes, enable/disable from admin

checkout/success
- Better checkout, Qphoria seems to have pretty good sense what it should look like
- Show exactly same html in success page that will be send to customer by email.

Emails
- To give good impression of the shop all emails should have consistent look (emails are the only thing what customer gets after payment before goods arrive so it's very important)
- Separate html files for emails for easy modifications
- Different emails for different customer group

Returns / reclamations / customer care
- Choose product from order history --> new return/reclamation --> ask reason + details (+ image/file) --> send
- Possibility to auto reply with product specific return instructions if reason applies for returning the product
- Check if there is returning time left and deny returns if not (for example in Finland you have 14days return time by law, no reason needed). Begin calculation from the day when customer got the product (or shipping + x days).
- Check if product guarantee still applies (add product guarantee time to products and keep track of them)
- Consider return form also to be used for reclamations for the product missing some part or other situation where you just send or assist customer with something (not returning product)
- Automatic email after x time from purchase to ask for rating and recommendations/enhancement ideas/comments about purchased products. If customer acts, reward possibility with coupon, gift, points...

rmi

Post by karleyde » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Some easy things would be:
1) Change the for loops, to be faster
for ($i = 1; $i<count($something); $i++) {

to:

$Count_something = count($something);
for ($i = 1; $i<$Count_something ; $i++) {

This makes a big performance step in this for loops. You can easily test the microtimes with that.

2) Use of Ajax filters in categories listing like ebay (i.e. for cameras: 10mpixel, 14mpixel ... etc) and price range.

3) integrate an standard mobile theme with multishop support.
We are just on that, because all mobile extensions we tried are not really fluent and efficient, They use new controllers and models , though that's waste. Could be done with minimal changes and the MIT detector.

Post by tuanna0703 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:35 pm

I'm convert 1.5.4 default theme to responsive theme so user can view website on multi-screen. Currently, Joomla3 integrated completely so I think OP should integrate responsive theme in 1.6.

Post by slingeraap » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Ability to enter prices including VAT.