Post by onlinemarketer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:33 pm

A module for Text/HTML Blocks would be amazing.

Similar to the welcome module but without the "Welcome to <store>" in the title.

Post by jvizzini » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:35 pm

A few things that would be very helpful, in regards to having a "retail" customer group and a "wholesale" customer group.

Coupon codes per customer group.

Tax enable/disable per customer group.

Shipping options per customer group.

Payment options per customer group.

Post by asphole » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:10 am

Few things already discussed here I would love to see in OC:

1. Batch generate invoices
2. Batch printing invoices
3. Batch update status
4.Autohide option for any category or subcategory which does not have a product.
5.Bulk Product/Category Import/Export added into core
6.A Wizard to do the OpenCart update (Or broken down to contain only the files that have actually changed)
7.Select/Unselect All link with every 'Store' selection box. (I currently have to select 60+stores one by one)

Post by onlinemarketer » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:59 pm

asphole wrote:Few things already discussed here I would love to see in OC:

1. Batch generate invoices
2. Batch printing invoices
3. Batch update status
4.Autohide option for any category or subcategory which does not have a product.
5.Bulk Product/Category Import/Export added into core
6.A Wizard to do the OpenCart update (Or broken down to contain only the files that have actually changed)
7.Select/Unselect All link with every 'Store' selection box. (I currently have to select 60+stores one by one)
Some great points there! Here are some more:

1. A bulk update stock (fixed amount, or plus or minus) would also be brilliant :~)
2. Bulk enable status/disable of products
3. Product Folders - to better manage products for large stores
4. Recurring payments
5. Information pages could have options to add to bottom or side nav, not just default add to both
6. Enable/Disable links on the footer nav

but all in your own time Daniel, OpenCart 1.5 is a huge improvement from 1.4! It's a shame I can't programme but I would have loved to be able to help! Off to Learn PHP on w3schools! Wish me luck! See you in a few years!

Post by umbe84 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 pm

I thought I had the pick & pay or multiple pickup locations

the form of VAT and tax code (codice fiscale) default
Last edited by umbe84 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by eka7a » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:47 am

custom field add for register, customer account pages etc.
Language and template manager

Location - Türkiye

Post by benblue » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:35 am

Ideal addition to multiple vendor capability would be to allow each vendor to have their own frontend management of their own store, i.e., not having just one administrator manage all the stores on the backend....A tall order perhaps, but if that functionality were effected, your multiple vendor cart would be pretty close to perfect.

Thanks

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:51 am

benblue wrote:Ideal addition to multiple vendor capability would be to allow each vendor to have their own frontend management of their own store, i.e., not having just one administrator manage all the stores on the backend....A tall order perhaps, but if that functionality were effected, your multiple vendor cart would be pretty close to perfect.

Thanks
Opencart is not multi-vendor. It is multi-store. What's the difference? you just described it. Multi-vendor is a MASSIVE project to code, and will only benefit a VERY small audience. I personally think that time should be spent on other things and multi-vendor left as a problem for third parties to resolve. All it will do is add lots of complexity to the code that will hinder most users and only help a very few.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by asphole » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 am

Xsecrets wrote:
benblue wrote:Ideal addition to multiple vendor capability would be to allow each vendor to have their own frontend management of their own store, i.e., not having just one administrator manage all the stores on the backend....A tall order perhaps, but if that functionality were effected, your multiple vendor cart would be pretty close to perfect.

Thanks
Opencart is not multi-vendor. It is multi-store. What's the difference? you just described it. Multi-vendor is a MASSIVE project to code, and will only benefit a VERY small audience. I personally think that time should be spent on other things and multi-vendor left as a problem for third parties to resolve. All it will do is add lots of complexity to the code that will hinder most users and only help a very few.
+1

Post by miktowers » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:45 am

Hi, Daniel and team

The capability to pack products.

Location - Ramos Mejia

Post by fido-x » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 pm

onlinemarketer wrote:A module for Text/HTML Blocks would be amazing.

Similar to the welcome module but without the "Welcome to <store>" in the title.
Already available as a 3rd party module (has been since version 0.7.7). See viewtopic.php?f=119&t=37010

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by madimar » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:51 pm

+1 to a serious csv import/export feature. Not only for products/categories but for almost everything.
Imho it is a real lack of current system.
Export should be able to select desired fields and their sort order even merging them from different related db tables.
Import should be able to import a generic csv, detecting fields and asking for a match with Opencart fields.

it's plenty of examples out of here

thanks

M

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by onlinemarketer » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:46 pm

We normally use 'another' cart and after implementing this one step checkout:

http://www.onestepcheckout.com/skin/fro ... -large.png

It has more than quadrupled our sales!

It would me amazing if OpenCart had such a layout right out of the box :)

Another thing thats increase our sales is a PayPal button on the shopping cart page so that the customers does not have to enter any personal details at all on the site and it takes them straight to paypal to complete the payment.

At the moment we are running a few carts on opencart and I think this is the only thing hindering sales.

Post by madimar » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:56 pm

onlinemarketer wrote:We normally use 'another' cart and after implementing this one step checkout:

Another thing thats increase our sales is a PayPal button on the shopping cart page so that the customers does not have to enter any personal details at all on the site and it takes them straight to paypal to complete the payment.

At the moment we are running a few carts on opencart and I think this is the only thing hindering sales.
+1 for onestepscheckout !!! Really nice and maybe it is not so complex to be realized. Why not include it? >:D

My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 am

madimar wrote:
onlinemarketer wrote:We normally use 'another' cart and after implementing this one step checkout:

+1 for onestepscheckout !!! Really nice and maybe it is not so complex to be realized. Why not include it? >:D
I am working on it as a third party module right now, and I can assure you it is so complex to be realized. Don't know why everyone thinks this is something you can bang out in an hour.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by madimar » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:14 am

Xsecrets wrote: I am working on it as a third party module right now, and I can assure you it is so complex to be realized. Don't know why everyone thinks this is something you can bang out in an hour.
Sorry man, it was not my intention to simplify things... so, good to know someone is working on it!

Post by onlinemarketer » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:10 am

Would this be possible? We have it on one of our other carts powered by 'Another' cart which increased sales.

1. After customer clicks on 'Shopping Cart' it it gives them an option to go directly to paypal or google checkout without even seeing the checkout page (new customer/registered customer etc).

So that way a customer can checkout even quicker.

On the shopping cart page there are 3 options:

1. Proceed to Checkout to pay by Credit/Debit Cart
2. Pay by Paypal
3. Google Checkout

When some customer see the PayPal logo they just want to jump to that to save themselves from having to enter all their details - this is what I do a lot of the times when shopping online, check if they accept paypal and click right onto the Pay by Paypal link instead of registering all my address details etc on a site all over again!

If not in the core, an extention would be brilliant!!

Post by onlinemarketer » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:30 am

User Group Permissions:

Would be cool if you could assign a user group to edit only specific stores(s)

Post by M.Lirangi » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Hello Daniel!
I'm from Brazil and would like to make some contributions that I miss the OC.

1 - So important than WISH LIST I think would be the GIFT LIST, where the prospective client share the list of the gift that his want with their friends. This way, their friends can visit the store and buy the gift, and the store sends this gift to the owner of the list, directly or not. I dont know if it is used there, but here in Brazil is widely used. Do you have intention to launch something?

2 - Is amazing that there is no option at admin panel that allow us fix the price "on request". That makes a big failure, because sometimes we want to promote some products, but we do not have prices set for them.

3 - On the permission of users, there should be a field where the user could change their own password. Also, I think if he can not even access some features, he should not also be able to view it. For example, I always disable the Settings menu and I think that my clients would not be able to see this option in their admin panel, since they can not even access.

4 - The last great option that I miss is being able to transform the store into a single book, making this simple switch on the dashboard. Contrary to what I thought, Disable the Shopping Cart does not mean it and actually do not know what the purpose of it because the only thing that changes is that the cart is not shown on the home.
It would be very interesting that disabling the cart, the store becomes a catalog with no option for the customer to buy, but still a wish list option, which would actually be a list for quotations.

These are the major features that I missing on OC, but either way I consider OC an excellent option to big stores and use it constantly.

Congratulations and thank you for developing such an important program and such a high level.

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:05 pm

M.Lirangi wrote:Hello Daniel!
I'm from Brazil and would like to make some contributions that I miss the OC.

2 - Is amazing that there is no option at admin panel that allow us fix the price "on request". That makes a big failure, because sometimes we want to promote some products, but we do not have prices set for them.
this doesn't make any sense. Who is going to buy something when they don't know what the price is.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US