Post by Xsecrets » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:55 pm

rph wrote:
zeroevil wrote:So basically when the OC time releases updates for Open Cart you can just update it via the admin panel.
Given the way OpenCart works that would essentially amount to a "break my shop now" button for anyone who does any serious customization to their shop with modules, themes, extensions, etc.

A better change might be breaking up OpenCart into bug fix releases (which could conceivably have some automation), feature releases, and version/core releases.
Well you know everyone wants feature parody with Magento and they have the break my shop now section, and they even put a big banner on the dashboard so that clients know as soon as a new break is available. :laugh:

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:41 pm

I'd like to see a simplified method of handling modules and layout.

Instead of having to create a module with multiple positions, would be easier if from the design page you choose the modules and placement with that nice drag-n-drop thing that was teased back in early 1.5.0 alpha screenshots. Position and sort order should be handled by that page and not in the module code.

Again this is the same complaint I made with payment and shipping modules. The actual extension code should ONLY be the meat and potatoes. Position, sort, geozone, tax class... all this should be handled by the main extension controller page, not the individual modules and extensions.

And the routes for pages should allow "*" for ALL pages or something. If i want a simple single layout design for all routes, and all pages should have all sideboxes, just like 1.4.x, how do I do that quickly? what if I miss a page

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Qphoria wrote: And the routes for pages should allow "*" for ALL pages or something. If i want a simple single layout design for all routes, and all pages should have all sideboxes, just like 1.4.x, how do I do that quickly? what if I miss a page
well you remove all layouts but the one that is set as the store default then assign whatever modules you want to it and it will put them on every page, but I agree having that drag n drop thing on the design page would be super sweet.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
Qphoria wrote: And the routes for pages should allow "*" for ALL pages or something. If i want a simple single layout design for all routes, and all pages should have all sideboxes, just like 1.4.x, how do I do that quickly? what if I miss a page
well you remove all layouts but the one that is set as the store default then assign whatever modules you want to it and it will put them on every page, but I agree having that drag n drop thing on the design page would be super sweet.
Ahh good to know.. i've been sitting with an empty demo store for months because I wont waste the time to create every page.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by NitroLiq » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:21 am

Some kind of partial payment/installment payment feature or module would be a great addition. Many of my clients make high-end built-to-order items so they want to allow the customer to put down an initial down payment at a set fee then pay the rest on delivery. I'm guessing it would work similarly to when you pay bills online where you can choose to pay the whole thing or a specified amount (set per product in the admin...the amount being in a variable would be pulled underneath the down payment field as small text to the effect of "downpayment of $xxx required.") and on the back-end, the math would calculate what's been paid and what's owed. Updated invoices would be emailed to the individual with each payment. Percentage owed/complete shows up in the admin so the owner can keep track. Just thinking off the top of my head. I've seen quite a few people looking for this feature on the various carts out there in various forum posts, including one on this forum.

Post by tomsworkshop » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:27 am

Please include TNT shipping & enable PayPal fees to be charge when using PayPal , showcase only mode would be nice to have too :)

Post by marcelwoo » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:39 am

Is it possible to have some sort of category-page filtering in the front end?
Many stores have this feature, which makes searching easier for visitors.
Like what magento does: http://demo.magentocommerce.com/apparel/shoes

I notice the extension selling section here also has this feature.

PS:Before 1.5x was released, I thought Magento came with a really nice template. But now, it looks so ugly to me compared with the default one of opencart 1.5X ;D

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by onlinemarketer » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:22 pm

These features would be a dream come true if it was on the opencart core functioning right out of the box so to speak!

1. Import products/categories/manufacturers using one csv file
2. Bulk status change of orders after bulk printing invoice and bulk notify customers
3. Multiple themes available in the core

I think the most important thing to me is to be able to get selling as quickly as possible and the most time consuming parts are adding products and administering orders placed!

Thanks!

Post by marcelwoo » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:32 am

onlinemarketer wrote:These features would be a dream come true if it was on the opencart core functioning right out of the box so to speak!

2. Bulk status change of orders after bulk printing invoice and bulk notify customers

I think the most important thing to me is to be able to get selling as quickly as possible and the most time consuming parts are adding products and administering orders placed!

Thanks!
Bulk order processing is indeed very important for store owners.

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by peecha85 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:36 pm

I'd like the option for admin to see what customers have added to their wishlist. That way shop owners could see what has to be ordered from warehouse

Post by mountaingraphic » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Not sure if it has been mentioned or not but I would like to see these features added:

1. An integrated (non 3rd part module) for export/import of products as well as the ability to add product options to an entire categories list of products. Would make it much easier for those of use who have large products lists with every product needing options which could be simplified through categories.

2. Blog Section so that I can feed this to my facebook and twitter accounts to keep customers fresh on things.

3. Simple Image gallery with slideshow of some sorts.

Post by NTCommerce » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:37 pm

The ability to create orders in the back end as opposed to just editing them, similar to ecomensions Admin Order Create mod for 1.4 would make the system more user friendly for people taking phone orders or creating bespoke product for customers. Ideally this would include a payment system in the customers account page.
Also if orders could be either auto or manually archived once completed would be great.

Post by happychai » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:43 am

something which i think is good to have is the payment options show again at the order history where the status is still under pending.

Sometime the customer might accidentally select wrong payment method but later they wish to pay by credit card. At this point the customer might need to create the order again in order for them the make the payment by credit card.

Personally i feel it is good to have the payment options again at order history if the status is still under pending ;D

Post by benfrain.com » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:42 am

Only been using OpenCart for a few days but I'm finding the in-ability to add nested/grouped CMS pages frustrating. For example, I'm wanting to add drop menu of CMS pages to the navigation bar. I can hack the existing PHP about to get the Information pages in there but I'd like to add extra sets e.g.

Information
- CMS Page 1
- CMS Page 2
- CMS Page 3

Services
- Service 1
- Service 2
- Service 3

Or does this facility already exist?

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:28 am

benfrain.com wrote:Only been using OpenCart for a few days but I'm finding the in-ability to add nested/grouped CMS pages frustrating. For example, I'm wanting to add drop menu of CMS pages to the navigation bar. I can hack the existing PHP about to get the Information pages in there but I'd like to add extra sets e.g.

Information
- CMS Page 1
- CMS Page 2
- CMS Page 3

Services
- Service 1
- Service 2
- Service 3

Or does this facility already exist?
no the core does not have this functionality. Q had a CMS module that did this for 1.4.x not sure if he updated it for 1.5.x yet.

Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by qahar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
I just made tutorial for Layout System.

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by jomeza001 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Out2lunch wrote:I have to say Ive used various cart systems over the years and I for one would say -

1. A very good plugin system, that doesnt change core files, or if it does would auto update them when the cart is updated, as when you run many addons you can get lost to where you are and what works with what, and what code needs to be changed where....

2. Expanded attributes, as we sell many similar items but each of the items have their own sku, thus we don't need to add 4 very simular versions of the same item, just put on on with separate skus/prices/pictures so you can easily see the difference and choose the one you want.

3. A system to send order information to various drop shippers, (email, and/or soap api integration), once the order has been placed . Many shops that I run for others have items they ship and many items they drop ship, but want easy low hassle integration method where the cart system strips the order into individual parts and sends the data to the separate drop-shippers and their own warehouse with out user interaction.

Thats a few just off the top of my head...

:crazy:
Totally Agree...
Ambottera wrote:Please add
Product filter by category, price, size, color, etc.
Sweet to have this in OC. Really.

Post by bewitching » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:13 am

onlinemarketer wrote:These features would be a dream come true if it was on the opencart core functioning right out of the box so to speak!

Thanks!
First off, I LOVE the new look and feel of 1.5. Really I do. :clap:

I agree with the above. Import/export of a single csv with categories & products included would be wonderful !
(There is a free extension I use called apsona shop admin. Look for it. It ROCKS, but not sure if it's been updated for 1.5 )

BUT my really big feature request is for a salemaker ! ??? I want the ability to discount by percentage or price, any category or sub-category, with few steps. The way it is now, just TRY to put your, let's say jewelry ONLY, on sale @ 20% off for one month only. I have over 500 pieces of jewelry in my store, along with several thousand other products. If I want to put just jewelry on sale for the month of August, I'd have to start going through each product individually to mark them down 20% on the first of August, and when I'd finallty get done on the 31st,(LOL) I'd have go through each one again to put them back to regular price !

It's a fundamental need when you are selling online to be able to have sales, and be able to easily implement them !

This is the only factor that is keeping me from using Open-Cart! Every month my store puts a category on sale. My store is know for it & my customers look forward to it.
I really like the direction Open-Cart is going. I look forward to being able to use it to design one of my stores.
Have a Bewitching Day !

Considering OpenCart once again :)

Post by hbg » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Xsecrets wrote:well there's some javascript in the checkout, but that shouldn't be an issue in any phone you would want to be shopping from. It should be easy enough to do a mobile theme. I actually played with the idea a while back, but got busy with other stuff an never finished. My idea was to create a mulit-store with m.blah.com and put the mobile theme there. The only problem with that is that then you need a wildcard ssl A better solution would be to put in just a bit of browser detection code and kick the person over to the mobile theme automatically.
I did have the Mobile Browser Extension setup, but when I upgraded to 1.5.0.5 it ended up crashing the site when I installed it.

Opencart Version 1.5.1.3
https://www.opencart.homebrewinn.com.au/shop/

hbg

Location - Newcastle NSW Australia

Post by rupaknepali » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:54 pm

How to redirect to the mobile template?

#——— Redirect to mobile template —————–
require_once(DIR_SYSTEM . ‘library/browser_agent.php’);
if ( !empty($agent["device_type"]) && empty($_COOKIE['az_mobile_redirect']) ) {
$location = ( dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == ‘/’ ? ” : dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) ) .’/mobile/’;
header(‘Location: ‘.$location);
}
#——— End of Redirect to mobile template —————–

For complete tutorial visit http://rupaknepali.com.np/422/how-to-re ... mplate.php

Rupak Nepali
webocreation.com@gmail.com
http://webocreation.com
Enjoy! Tips and tricks as well as free module.