Post by andrewmclagan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi people.

Im very intrigued by opencart and its platform. I have never implemented a module for OC although i plan to do so, some help with this would be great. I'm a coder so dont worry, im not asking for help with the code.

All i want to know is it possible in the OpenCart architecture for me to create a module that adds tables to the DB? My goal is to create a module that lets users add / edit new pages to the site through the openCart admin. Nothing out there compares to open cart for its usability. Magento and such are just too buggy and complicated unless your a developer youself and my customers are not! :-)

so yes i intend to create a very simple CMS that merely puts HTML markup into a Database table and recalls that to be displayed when someone accesses that page. Also integrating a WYSIWYG editor in the admin area so a user can add and edit pages.

I hope to do all this with nice SEO urls and such.

any information on module creation and integration would be VERY much appreciated.

thanks guys!

Post by andrewmclagan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:04 am

ok i just realised there is this information section... i dont really understand why on earth its called information. A name like that seems like its far too related to the default theme template. Would not Pages or something like this be more appropriate? As i plan on heavily modifying the default theme to suit my own purposes a mock up of what i have in mind is here: http://www.islandart.andrewmclagan.com.

This "information" section actually seems like exactly what i was going to develop and also its strange its under the catalogue section? no? maybe it would be better placed under another menu or even its own.. just my opinion. I may still develop this further.

Again really like the ease of use open cart offers! keep up the good work

Post by i2Paq » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Qphoria has a (great) CMS module.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by rupaknpl » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:36 pm

I think what you need is already in the opencart.

admin>>catalog>>information
May be i am wrong

Thanking You,

Rupak Nepali
http://nepalrupak.blogspot.com
http://rupaknpl.blogspot.com

Post by andrewmclagan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 pm

ya your right, it is exactly what i needed for this client. Im going to stick with the internal verson. Although i may find a more elaborate WYSIWYG editor to implement into it. I will post the code when im done.

Post by adriankoooo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:06 am

Hi

Andrew, post here if you have any finished code. :)

A question: it is possible to add information module to the home page?