Post by network-it » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:49 am

Hello,
I'm posting to ask if anyone would be interested in any eBay integration tools? If there is an interest i will develop it further for commercial use. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Currently i'm helping a client setup a website using OpenCart (awesome software, btw! thanks!). The client currently sells on eBay but would prefer returning customers use the website to lower overall costs (ebay fees, etc).
So far i have the following working, but not really "integrated" to opencart admin, they are standalone scripts that drop information into the opencart database.

# eBay listings are matched to 1 or more similar products in opencart using an admin page
# Using the matched products any ebay feedback is retrieved and saved as a product review under the appropriate product or multiple similar products if specified.
# When ebay items are re-listed they are automatically matched to the opencart product.
# When a customer buys an item on ebay they are automatically created an account in opencart with their name, address saved and they are emailed a welcome note with a randomly generated password.
# When a customer leaves ebay feedback they are automatically emailed a note and given a coupon to use with their next purchase on opencart.

Regards,
-Paul S

Post by SteveSherry » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:13 am

This sounds good, I'm sure I know someone who would use something like this.

My Website ¦ Summer Madness Special Offer ¦

Location - Wirral, UK

Post by miradoro » Thu May 12, 2011 7:08 am

OMG !!! Does anyone know how to do this?
this will be a great tool to have
Let me know if anyone knows how at miradoro@hotmail.com

Post by SXGuy » Thu May 12, 2011 7:32 pm

try the extensions, there is an ebay intergration mod.

i think it intergrates listings, but i dont think it will do automatic customer registrations.

I heard somewhere that you was not allowed to promote your own website from ebay, is that true and is that not essentially what you will be doing by making a returning customer visit your site instead of ebay?

Im a ebay newbie so i dont know whether thats true or not.

Post by miradoro » Mon May 16, 2011 12:45 am

Can we just have a module that displays ebay's reviews on the store?