Just wanted to get a feel on the situation before i post an extension. I'm sure i will probably regret these questions but.
1. What features would you want in your gift registry module
2. What would you pay for a very complete module that satisfied all your needs.
I'm about half way through writing it so now would be a good time to post suggestions.
Basically it is outrageously necessary for me to have this in my cart.
I need a gift registry and what I need it to do is :
- Give the ability to members to create their gift list.
- Give the ability for no-members and members to search and buy from someones list.
- Give the ability to buyers to add an amount to the gift and not the whole price. For example if I have a Ferrari in my list then a friend of mine could add $50 to that gift. If the whole price isn't met then let me use that credit to buy some other gift.
Please let me know what do you think,
Increase Page Speed (#1 rated commercial extension on OpenCart Marketplace)
15in1 Essential Extensions Value Pack Premium Customer Testimonials Reward Points Extended Admin Security Lockdown Suite
Never lose data again! Use Dropbox - DO THIS BEFORE YOU SIGNUP for Extra Space!!
http://db.tt/inKP3mv Signing up via this link gives you a bonus of 256 MB
More Bonuses: http://www.dropbox.com/free .5 GB
http://www.dropbox.com/edu = double your bonus referrals by giving an edu address.
Total ~ 3gb
Basic functions are:
- Creating a "Gifts List" or a "Product list".
Any registered customer will be able to create one.
First version will allow only one list per customer.
To create, it's as simple as adding products to cart, with all options, specs and quantities like in a normal purchase.
Then must complete the "purchase", configuring shipping and when payment is required choose "To Process as My Gifts List".
- After doing this, the customer can go to Gifts List menu, it will show products like a normal cart, and will let the customer set some details like: List Title, some free text, ending date, status (active or not) and tracking name, in order to be located by their friends or family.
- When a Gifts List is active, other user can search tracking name and see the selected products, to purchase a product simple click "purchase" and this product will be added to this user's cart with all shipping data of the owner of the list.
This purchased product will dissapear from public list.
- The owner of the list will receive an email when a product is purchased and will see the product as "purchased by user" in the Gifts List.
- The owner of the list can click in "purchased by user" to send an email.
- Admin will be able to set if a product can be added or not to Gifts List.
Progress is steady between other work (I've gotten a couple hundred more lines of code done). Right now the major parts left are a bit more controller work, template, integration with the core in a few areas, and testing, testing, testing. I'm dedicated to getting this done but it is a major project (despite how simply it looks on the surface) so I don't have an ETA. With a little bit of luck I can get some screenshots up within the next couple weeks.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests