Post by 12oclocker » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:45 am

Customer Printable Receipts, when they view their order history, basically same thing in the admin module but for customers. I'll probably start working on a mod myself, I'll post it up when it's done, but it would nice to see included on future releases, seems like a good idea.

Post by i2Paq » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 pm

I've talked to Fido-x about building a PDF-Invoice and Packing-slip module for Admin use and so user can download/print their own Invoices from their user account.
I also suggested that when the order status change to Delivered an e-mail is send with the pdf-Invoice attached to it.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Moggin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:02 am

12oclocker wrote:Customer Printable Receipts, when they view their order history, basically same thing in the admin module but for customers. I'll probably start working on a mod myself, I'll post it up when it's done, but it would nice to see included on future releases, seems like a good idea.
+1 vote for this, as stated here. Amazon do a good printable receipt (non-PDF). Whilst I think this would be helpful on the 'success' page as well as the account page, either would do.
12 oclocker, it would be great if you did make a mod...:)

Post by 12oclocker » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:04 am

i2Paq wrote:I've talked to Fido-x about building a PDF-Invoice and Packing-slip module for Admin use and so user can download/print their own Invoices from their user account.
I also suggested that when the order status change to Delivered an e-mail is send with the pdf-Invoice attached to it.
I like that idea, but instead of having to change the order status to Delivered, maybe a checkbox that says "Notify Customer & Attach Receipt" , because for my completed orders I created a list item called "Shipped" instead of delivered. And it would be nice to make it 'optional' with the checkbox.
Also have the customers printable receipt in there account NOT be a PDF, to ensure anyone with a simple webrowser can view it (such as viewing from your iPhone or Driod, light install of linux, etc). But for the email, go ahead and attach it as a PDF. This way, you still have an option to print a receipt even if you don't have Acrobat installed.