Post by chapter5 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:59 pm

I've been searching far and wide for an awesome ecommerse platform and I found it! openCart is the dogs danglies!! Except!! It's not XHTML 1.1 valid... even the French got that right (prestaShop)...

Would it also be possible to also have a download with no template and just the PHP so we can quickly add our own templates? For example: just give us the <?php echo $header; ?> and not the messy HTML. That would be choice!!

Oh and NO in-line styles please!

Cheers

PS: Daniel, I'm willing to fix all the xHTML validation errors for you guys...

Post by techiechic » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:15 pm

+1 for the no inline styles. It makes it a royal pain to create a template.

Post by elmofried » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 pm

+ 2 for no inline styles and no (x)html code at all as an option.

It's just crazy the amount of time anyone has to spend just cleaning the tag soup...

an untainted version of the framework would be much appreciated, and by that I mean the Views.

Post by cmebd » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:28 pm

+1 for me and +1 for her

A stupid question is the one you -don't- ask.........(Anon)

)C1.5.0.1 (IN devel)
OC V1.4.9.5
OC V1.4.9.2
OC V1.4.7
OC V1.3.4

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Xsecrets » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:02 pm

elmofried wrote:+ 2 for no inline styles and no (x)html code at all as an option.

It's just crazy the amount of time anyone has to spend just cleaning the tag soup...

an untainted version of the framework would be much appreciated, and by that I mean the Views.
I don't get it if you don't want any tags at all just rip them out. It would be just as easy for you as it is for us and why would the dev team put out anything like that. doesn't make any sense.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by elmofried » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:24 am

Xsecrets wrote:
elmofried wrote:+ 2 for no inline styles and no (x)html code at all as an option.

I don't get it if you don't want any tags at all just rip them out. It would be just as easy for you as it is for us and why would the dev team put out anything like that. doesn't make any sense.
Lots of things don't make any sense at first but I'll try to explain:

-- Why Clear Views? --
  • easier to learn;
  • easier for the dev team to educate theme devs;
  • could be used as a clear reference making it even easier for documentation contribution ("we all love to write manuals don't we???");
  • more themes proliferation, resulting in more live shops and more interest and exposure on OC itself;
So why don't making it simple easy? It's just an idea.