Post by jovinetbr » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:42 pm

I'm using based versions 2.X and I've used in my projects Oscommerce, PrestaShop and Magento, I currently have three projects in developing Opencart.

I missed the ability to disable features of the store. For example, the functionality of the loyalty points program, the functionality of donwload or sale by subscription. These functions do not apply to all stores. In general I feel that few stores have need of these active features.

I wish I could disable these functions in all the projects that I'm implementing now. Instead of editing the code to hide the menu so that the customer does not use I wish I could disable the settings menu to turn off the store features that I do not wish to use, instead of having to create workarounds.

My suggestion for improvement is that a form is created to disable unwanted native functions in the store and that the options are automatically hidden in the menus.

Note: In the description section of this forum was written that would be suggestions for improvement to the version 1.x but I thought it was wrong, I apologize if not posted in the right place.
Enter all OpenCart 1.x feature requests here. One idea per topic. Please search the forum to see if your feature has already been requested

Jovi Marcos - www.jovi.net.br

Post by pm-netti » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:22 am

jovinetbr wrote:I'm using based versions 2.X and I've used in my projects Oscommerce, PrestaShop and Magento, I currently have three projects in developing Opencart.

I missed the ability to disable features of the store. For example, the functionality of the loyalty points program, the functionality of donwload or sale by subscription. These functions do not apply to all stores. In general I feel that few stores have need of these active features.

I wish I could disable these functions in all the projects that I'm implementing now. Instead of editing the code to hide the menu so that the customer does not use I wish I could disable the settings menu to turn off the store features that I do not wish to use, instead of having to create workarounds.

My suggestion for improvement is that a form is created to disable unwanted native functions in the store and that the options are automatically hidden in the menus.

Note: In the description section of this forum was written that would be suggestions for improvement to the version 1.x but I thought it was wrong, I apologize if not posted in the right place.
Enter all OpenCart 1.x feature requests here. One idea per topic. Please search the forum to see if your feature has already been requested
This feature is partly in version 2.3.0.2. When go to admin > user group and uncheck from route catalog/download, menu is not display 'Download'.

Location - Kittilä, Finland