Post by BeerinaBottle » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:01 pm

One of the most frustrating things for me, is that when editing a page, in order to see the results you have to save it, then to make further changes you have to go back, scroll down, and re-open again to carry on making changes.

Wouldn't it be great if we had a 'Save and continue editing' button so that the page remained open and ready for further edits?

Real Ales from an Online Beer Shop

Location - Hull, East Yorkshire

Post by Johnathan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:01 pm

I have an Admin Save & Keep Editing extension that does this. It does reload the page when saving, but it keeps the tab selected open. It should work with all default areas, and works with many second-party extensions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator

Post by BeerinaBottle » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:59 pm

Just the thing Johnathan. I've downloaded your extension and it's certainly a great time saver. Just one problem though, using 2.0.1.1 I've notice that as you scroll down the page, the buttons which remain static actually disappear at points behind other page content so they can't be used!

Real Ales from an Online Beer Shop

Location - Hull, East Yorkshire

Post by Johnathan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at that when I get time -- it should just be a z-index issue. If you want to contact me at www.getclearthinking.com/contact, I can work out sending you a work-around in the interim.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator