Page 1 of 1

Request for more Positions...

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:20 am
by jasonc310771
Hi,

At present the only positions available are
Content Top
Content Bottom
Content Left
Content Right

There are lots of other modules out there that have various positions, but not all that might be possible.

like...

Above Footer, Below Footer, Absolute Top, Absolute Bottom.

Are these possible ?

Re: Request for more Positions...

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:37 am
by butte
You omitted wall-to-wall All, central diamonds and further polygons, quarter-page and lesser triangles, vertical and horizontal eighths, full and half and lesser circles and other ellipses, and a few others.

Yes. There are essential limitations, such as talent, imagination, and practicality, as to the result and reaching it. Look at a few on-line html and css tutorials, see what style, class, position, z-index, opacity, and a few other determinants do. As their own subject those are pretty well beyond the forums' scope. That may give you an idea why decision was made to stop with the basic obvious choices that satisfy most users most of the time for most purposes, and why some free and commercial themes actually simplify rather than complicate those.

Re: Request for more Positions...

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:24 pm
by MarketInSG
jasonc310771 wrote:Hi,

At present the only positions available are
Content Top
Content Bottom
Content Left
Content Right

There are lots of other modules out there that have various positions, but not all that might be possible.

like...

Above Footer, Below Footer, Absolute Top, Absolute Bottom.

Are these possible ?
there are extensions out there that allows a fully customisable position I remember. Try searching for it

Re: Request for more Positions...

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:14 am
by Counting Pounds
Sarchasm gets people nowhere. Many addi's add a small (say 1/3 of screen width) dialogue box. Placing in columns messes up the shop layout, placing content top or bottom wastes screen real-estate. I have had to hide user options away in little used views for this reason.

It would be nice if we could have "content top-left" "content top-middle" "content top-right" and all over again but at the bottom for example. You'd then be able to load 2 or 3 extensions and put the dialogue boxes side by side at content bottom.

Re: Request for more Positions...

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 am
by labeshops
There are a bunch of extensions that do this, for example: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=10980 that puts extra positions in 2 or 3 columns pretty much anywhere which is what I think you are asking for.

Re: Request for more Positions...

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm
by Counting Pounds
That extension looks excellent. I shall buy it. I have spent 40+ hrs searching through the extensions bit of OC and never found that.

Re: Request for more Positions...

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:39 am
by jasonc310771
MarketInSG wrote:there are extensions out there that allows a fully customisable position I remember. Try searching for it
labeshops wrote:There are a bunch of extensions that do this, for example: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=10980 that puts extra positions in 2 or 3 columns pretty much anywhere which is what I think you are asking for.
Counting Pounds wrote:That extension looks excellent. I shall buy it. I have spent 40+ hrs searching through the extensions bit of OC and never found that.
This is exactly the reason that I ask advise, to find out about extensions that do not always show up in result. No matter the query...

thank you labeshops

Re: Request for more Positions...

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:55 am
by labeshops
No problem, but found it in seconds searching for "positions".