Post by Purebeads » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:26 pm

I have asked for this before, and I honestly don't understand why you haven't done it.

In a cart with a well-designed wish list, it should be possible to move items back and forth from the cart with a single click. It's not enough to be able to move items TO the cart; customers need to be able to move items TO the wish list FROM the cart. The normal way that people shop is that they fill their carts with more items than they can buy. They then need to be able to move the items they can't afford now to the wish list so that they can get those items later. If you go on to Amazon, you'll find that this is exactly the way their cart works. It is the best system.

If the cart already has this ability, I can't see it. I've gone through the Demo cart and admin on several occasions looking for this option, but it isn't there.

Let's get this done, okay?

Post by Purebeads » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Can anyone write an extension for me that will do this? I've signed up with Arvixe and I'm testing out the newest version of OC, but the dysfunctional wish list feature is a problem.

Post by villagedefrance » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:58 pm

This is a very good point and makes complete sense.

Adding a "add to wishlist" button to each product in the cart is easy enough, but this will require that the customer is logged-in prior to adding to the cart, otherwise it will not work.

I might do some work on that ... no guarantees

OpenCart custom solutions @ https://villagedefrance.net

Location - UK

Post by Purebeads » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:21 pm

Thank you very much! The wish list feature already requires customers to log-in in order to use it.

This is becoming a more-and-more common feature of shopping carts. On Amazon, they don't even call it a "wish list". They have a "Save for Later" link (or perhaps it's a button) which allows the customer to move an item out of the current order, but which still keeps the item in the cart. In other words, the cart on Amazon is simply divided into two sections -- "buy now" and "buy later" -- and the shopper can easily move items between the two sections. I have found it to be a very useful feature, as there are always more items that I want to buy than I have the money for. If I don't have the money, I just move some items out of the current order by clicking "Save for Later".

I hasten to add that I have no problem with the term "wish list"; I just want my customers to have that ability to move items back and forth.

Post by Kengun » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:54 pm

This is a very good idea. I hope it will be added to Opencart to make Opencart even better.
Purebeads wrote: In a cart with a well-designed wish list, it should be possible to move items back and forth from the cart with a single click. It's not enough to be able to move items TO the cart; customers need to be able to move items TO the wish list FROM the cart. The normal way that people shop is that they fill their carts with more items than they can buy. They then need to be able to move the items they can't afford now to the wish list so that they can get those items later. If you go on to Amazon, you'll find that this is exactly the way their cart works.

Let's get this done, okay?

Location - Norway

Post by Purebeads » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:04 am

I just want to say that if I sounded impatient in my first post, it's because I asked for this feature two or three times before, but no one paid any attention. This kind of functional wish list is the one thing I wanted that was missing from version 1.4 that I really wanted. Until items can be moved back and forth between the cart and the wish list easily, the wish list won't be very useful.

================

Qphoria sent me a note saying that he'll write an extension (or is it called a module?). If Villagedefrance also writes one, we'll have two well-written extensions to choose from. Thank you!