Post by Girlinabillion » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:07 pm

Hello,

I would like to not only hide the out of stock products from the normal category, but show them somewhere else. I would like something like etsy.com has - where the sold out products don't show on the normal storefront, but there is a link that you can click to view all the previously sold items.

I sell custom one of a kind pieces, but my customers like to see all my previously sold products - including the price, photos, etc. I have a live Concrete5 website that is doing just what I want, but I'm trying to move to OpenCart. Please PM me if you want the web address to get a better idea of what I'm trying to do.

I see the modules that allow you to hide out of stock products and remove the add to cart button -- as well as the extensions that put a SOLD image across the photo -- and I want these features too, but is there any way to add a page that shows all those hidden out of stock products? Maybe I add the products to two categories, and somehow there's a way to disable the Hide Sold Out Products feature from the one category? It's ok if the "Archive" page shows both out of stock and in stock... as long as I have a page that hides all the out of stock showing only the available.

Thank you!
Amanda

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by ainosilva » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi there! First of all, thank you so much for the suggestion!!
Reading your ideas made me thought about it! Create a Category for that should be easier than create a page...

I need some time to make it, how much worry have you?

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Girlinabillion » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:46 am

Thank you! I'll PM you

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by ainosilva » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi there, tried to made it... check here http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=13047

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Gamesol » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:52 pm

ainosilva wrote:Hi there! First of all, thank you so much for the suggestion!!
Reading your ideas made me thought about it! Create a Category for that should be easier than create a page...

I need some time to make it, how much worry have you?
Hi, @ainosilva , again you are at the forefront of something I want to implement.

I installed the new "hide out of stock" you created here and disabled the vqmod of the "auto disabler" and it seems to be working well with my new category "sold out" but I do have to questions :

1. I noticed that if you "search" for the item after it is sold it does not show up, may be the search function needs to be configured to index this new category ?

2. In your instrcuction, you said to assign all products I want to feature in my "sold out" category which i did, is it correct then that the item shows there when it is still in stock because that is what is happening now ?

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by Girlinabillion » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:35 pm

The new product.php file that enables Search to find sold products works like a charm! (current version, need to delete extra <php at the beginning of the code, but I imagine that will be fixed soon). All of my products are assigned to two categories - one Available Products and one All Products. When they are in stock, they show in both categories, when they are out of stock - they only show in the All Products category.

New member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by Gamesol » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Girlinabillion wrote:The new product.php file that enables Search to find sold products works like a charm! (current version, need to delete extra <php at the beginning of the code, but I imagine that will be fixed soon). All of my products are assigned to two categories - one Available Products and one All Products. When they are in stock, they show in both categories, when they are out of stock - they only show in the All Products category.

New PHP file ? , you mean the one in the download with the extension ? I have used that one.

Current ? Can you please give me more info one deleting the extra <php

I see you chose to go with naming your category "all products" , good idea, I was gonna go with "sold out" but then it wouldnt make sense when an item is in stock and shows in category and in "sold out"

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by ainosilva » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Gamesol wrote: 1. I noticed that if you "search" for the item after it is sold it does not show up, may be the search function needs to be configured to index this new category ?

2. In your instrcuction, you said to assign all products I want to feature in my "sold out" category which i did, is it correct then that the item shows there when it is still in stock because that is what is happening now ?

1. Search solves that.
2. You can do both ways... only assign sold out or assign all you want ;)
Gamesol wrote:
Girlinabillion wrote:The new product.php file that enables Search to find sold products works like a charm! (current version, need to delete extra <php at the beginning of the code, but I imagine that will be fixed soon). All of my products are assigned to two categories - one Available Products and one All Products. When they are in stock, they show in both categories, when they are out of stock - they only show in the All Products category.

New PHP file ? , you mean the one in the download with the extension ? I have used that one.

Current ? Can you please give me more info one deleting the extra <php

I see you chose to go with naming your category "all products" , good idea, I was gonna go with "sold out" but then it wouldnt make sense when an item is in stock and shows in category and in "sold out"
I don't see that error in file :/

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Gamesol » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:11 pm

ainosilva wrote:

1. Search solves that.
2. You can do both ways... only assign sold out or assign all you want ;)


Search ? Is that an extension ? please can you link it here

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Gamesol » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:13 am

Oh no ! I must have been sleeping, I was searching for another extension by you called "search" , didnt see that it is in the same directory, so sorry !

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by andrei.bogdan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi,

I have created another kind of solution, for one of my clients, regarding this Out Of Stock products problem.

His idea was to alter the default Category sort and replace it with a Stock Quantity based sort. This way you will have displayed in the category page the products with bigger stock first and so on, until you will have the out of stock items. Now those Out of Stock items might be displayed on the second up or down the last page of the category pagination.

If you think this solution would work for you, you can view more information here:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... dan&page=2

Best wishes,
Andrei

Andrei
andrei.opencart[at]yahoo.com
Themes and Extensions


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:52 am

Post by Gamesol » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:05 pm

andrei.bogdan wrote:Hi,

I have created another kind of solution, for one of my clients, regarding this Out Of Stock products problem.

His idea was to alter the default Category sort and replace it with a Stock Quantity based sort. This way you will have displayed in the category page the products with bigger stock first and so on, until you will have the out of stock items. Now those Out of Stock items might be displayed on the second up or down the last page of the category pagination.

If you think this solution would work for you, you can view more information here:

http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... dan&page=2

Best wishes,
Andrei

Hi, based on your extension : http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... ock&page=6

This is the way I would like it to work, please let me know if possible.

Out of stock items by pagination goes to last page in the category = PERFECT

IN STOCK items :

I want the sort to be alphabetical by name irrespective of the amount in stock greater than 0


eg.

Khaki Jacket : Available = 20

Blue Jacket : Available = 1

Red Jacket : Available = 0


So this should be in cat page as :

Blue Jacket : Available = 1

Khaki Jacket : Available = 20

​Red Jacket : Available = 0​

User avatar
New member

Posts

Joined
Fri May 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Post by xstranger » Fri May 20, 2016 5:15 pm

Hello

I need one option based on the one you have created,to hide out of stock products from the category, but not disable the products from the store because of the search engine, so in conclusion i am searching for a option that will not remove the product page/link from the store when the product is out of stock,but hide him from the category.
Regards

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:20 am
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests