Post by finerden » Mon May 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Hello,

I need a checkbox before "add to cart" button saying "Try free sample".
If the user selects the checkbox the price of the product should be set to zero, no matter what color and size of product he has choosed.
How should I do it?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

screenshot.png

screenshot.png (97.55 KiB) Viewed 1402 times

Post by WilliamBD » Mon May 20, 2013 6:48 pm

The easiest solution here would be to change 'Color:' to 'Select Color/Sample:' and in the list have the 'Try Free Sample' at price '+0.00'.

How do you intend to give them the free sample?

Something tells me however they might still need to go through to payment even at £0.00.

*Disclaimer: I hope I have been as clear as possible and helpful. If you are unsure of anything please ask I will be happy to help - I do frequently watch the posts I have posted in previously.

How to change prices across a whole multi-store, with a baseline price for each product:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 24#p406793

Post by finerden » Mon May 20, 2013 6:51 pm

I intend to give 5 free samples

Post by finerden » Mon May 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Can't I have a checkbox After checking it, the price of the product becomes zero?
And the further checkout system remains the same.

Thanks in advance

Post by WilliamBD » Mon May 20, 2013 7:18 pm

*The following only works if you keep your product price at 0.00. Otherwise my first post is what you want.

Product -> Options -> Type in 'Checkbox' in the input field. Click the green button. Now add what information you require and keep the price 0.

However, the problem here is in that you have 'Color' as a mandatory field. Which you will need to turn off.

To Turn if off:
- Product -> Options -> Choose 'select' on the left side and at the top you will see an option for 'Required' you will need to turn this off. You will need to turn this 'Required' option off for both your checkbox and drop down option. Which means a user could add the product to there shopping cart for free with selecting a color or sample. I assume in this case you contact them or send them a sample? Otherwise this is a problem.

*Disclaimer: I hope I have been as clear as possible and helpful. If you are unsure of anything please ask I will be happy to help - I do frequently watch the posts I have posted in previously.

How to change prices across a whole multi-store, with a baseline price for each product:

Post by finerden » Mon May 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Can I somehow make the blue circled amount to be the total amount the customer has selected so far from envelope and color?
thus the product amount will become zero. And my problem would solve.
My aim is to make the price set to zero if it is a sample.
Thanks in advance.

Post by WilliamBD » Mon May 20, 2013 8:20 pm

I was thinking that myself, but that would only work if all the select colors are the same price. There was not enough information in your screenshot for me deduce if the colors meant the same price or not.

If they are the same price then yes that should work. Just put -20 or -15 etc... in the price field on the checkbox 'sample' field.

Post by finerden » Mon May 20, 2013 8:30 pm

This is the complete screenshot..
So how can the price change according to the envelope and color (which the customer selects and is not fixed)?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

screenshot.JPG

screenshot.JPG (32 KiB) Viewed 1379 times

Post by WilliamBD » Mon May 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Thats the problem I stated above:

Color + No Envelope = Price 1.
Color + Yes Envelope = Price 2.

The 'Free Sample' can only be one price that you take off.

You could maybe give them two 'Free Sample' choices (one with envelope and one without) but now it just gets complicated for the person buying.

Post by finerden » Tue May 21, 2013 12:38 am

I am sorry I asked the question in wrong way. My bad.
I need that the amount in the green box should be equal to the total amount (including whether customer wants envelope or not and which color ) and not just the base price.
What should I do? Do I have to add some code?

Attachments

Screenshot - 20-05-2013 , 21_59_10.png

Screenshot - 20-05-2013 , 21_59_10.png (93.99 KiB) Viewed 1365 times