Post by chad » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:55 pm

Here is my new site
www.efellecouture.co.uk

any comments welcome ???

Location - Geordieland

Post by Inspired » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:09 pm

One small thing, the corners of your left column headers (categories and information) are white instead of transparent.

Post by chad » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi Inspired
I know - how do I put that right.

Regards

Location - Geordieland

Post by imaginetech » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:13 pm

You could try removing the white background from .box and adding it to .box .middle. Then make sure your box top and box bottom only fit your images with no extra padding or margins.

Or you could just use css rounded corners and forget about IE users.

www.opencartstore.com
Get OpenCart Templates and OpenCart Modules.

Location - Darwin, Australia

Post by chad » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:02 am

Hey thanks maginetech

Yes - see your point. Where is that then - sorry I do not know my way round this lot very well.

Trying :-\

regards
Richard

Location - Geordieland

Post by rincerofwinds » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:25 am

Hi,

None of what has been suggested above will actually work for you as the corners in the image are coloured white. So you need to edit the image and make the corners transparent, and then your background will show through.

Thanks
Ian

Post by twiggy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 am

I like the look you have created its clean and simple, gets the job done.

'Built By DesignTemple' not to sure about that though!

Post by Yakiv » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:57 am

twiggy wrote:'Built By DesignTemple' not to sure about that though!
Twiggy's pet peeve. Yes, it's not built by DesignTemple. But you could word it, "Provided by" and it may be more acceptable. Or just say, "Web-design by". ...Funny how people post links to their sites here on OpenCart and they have swapped out the OpenCart link with something else and it's worded like they built it or it's powered by their code or something.

Post by twiggy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:49 pm

lol Yakiv, sorry it just gets up my noise (not only here on opencart) when people pass off other peoples work as their own. It happens alot with song writing, maybe I have bigger feelings towards it because I have had it done to me, but hey each to their own. Enjoy the software ;D

Post by Yakiv » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:15 pm

@twiggy - I understand your sentiment. ...I think there is an ideological and legal difference between an individual's copyrighted works and that which is specifically gnu gpl, open source. But, regardless, even the gnu gpl stipulates that you cannot modify and redistribute as if it is your own, with your own credits and re-branded name, etc. I think it is fine to say, "Provided by", since someone does the work of installing, designing the theme and maintaining. But to say "Built by" or "Powered by" is offensive.