Post by jarek79 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi it is my first website.

Honest opinions welcome!!

Here it is http://www.amazinggiftboxes.com

Thanks

Jerry

Amazing Gift Boxes - Is an online shop specializing in unique and exclusive hand made gift packaging. Use promo code "code10" to get 10% off and free delivery on orders over £30. | Gift Bags | Gift Boxes

Post by Jeremy Fisk » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:49 am

I quite like it... well done on the first site...

Did you purchase the template or code it yourself?

What mods have you done...

the latest orders is a cool mod

Cheers

jem

Hand Dryers

Bookstore Mod
QuickShop Module
Restricted Access - Compulsory Login
Template Override - Category Specific (vQmod)
Template Override - Brand Specific (vQmod)
How did you find out about us register question mod
Compulsory Login vQmod
Brands In Top Menu
zoom - Product Image - Auto on hover

Location - New Zealand (Tokomaru, Palmerston North)

Post by Cleo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:59 am

Nice site, as Jeremy Fisk said:
except that as a customer I wouldn't appreciate everyone to see my name showing! City/products/amount I wouldn't bother but as a customer I would ask to have my name remove! But this is just my opinion, maybe others wouldn't mind.

Cleo

PS: this is not a revenge criticism just a fair opinion as a customer because the module is cool!

Opencart v1.5.4.1 fr/en
Theme: Custom
vqmod-2.6.0
PHP: 7.3 (ea-php73)

Post by bigchili » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:04 am

Cleo wrote:Nice site, as Jeremy Fisk said:
except that as a customer I wouldn't appreciate everyone to see my name showing! City/products/amount I wouldn't bother but as a customer I would ask to have my name remove! But this is just my opinion, maybe others wouldn't mind.
I'd have to agree. If it was just first name only (which I'm sure it could be easily modded to make that happen) I wouldn't mind so much. But First and Last name I would kind of have a problem with. LOL, especially if the site was like for sexy Lingerie or something! :o

Post by Jeremy Fisk » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:08 am

bigchili wrote:
I'd have to agree. If it was just first name only (which I'm sure it could be easily modded to make that happen) I wouldn't mind so much. But First and Last name I would kind of have a problem with. LOL, especially if the site was like for sexy Lingerie or something! :o
Fully Agree with bigchili...

If you want i will mod it for you... (free because it should be real quick)

Cheers

Jem

Hand Dryers

Bookstore Mod
QuickShop Module
Compulsory Login vQmod
Brands In Top Menu

Post by TomC » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:45 am

As a bit of constructive criticism . . .

The main navigation menu could use some additional - theme relevant - styling (in my opinion).
Perhaps a "gift-box themed" background color or image (rustic/brown, perhaps).

Also, your main site logo kind of bleeds into the background colors (tan/white).
Can you, perhaps, "bold" it up a bit so it stands out/pops a bit more against the background?

Same with the font color you've chosen for your headlines - could stand to be a bit darker.

Lastly, the last menu item of your main navigation - at least on my browser - seems to over-extend the menu
thread" background. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.

Otherwise, nice job and CONGRATS !!!

:)

Location - California (USA)

Post by jarek79 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Jeremy Fisk wrote:I quite like it... well done on the first site...

Did you purchase the template or code it yourself?

What mods have you done...

Cheers

jem
Me coding, hehe, no mate I am to thick to code.I bought the template from theme forest.

Few vqmods and one page checkout, latest orders and few other things I can't remember.

Thanks

Jerry

Amazing Gift Boxes - Is an online shop specializing in unique and exclusive hand made gift packaging. Use promo code "code10" to get 10% off and free delivery on orders over £30. | Gift Bags | Gift Boxes

Post by jarek79 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Cleo

PS: this is not a revenge criticism just a fair opinion as a customer because the module is cool!

Cleo, sorry for my comment on your tread.

I don't see a problem with showing first and last name in latest orders because I am not selling nuclear warheads.
Maybe I am wrong about it. I will ask my customers if they want their names removed.

Jerry

Post by Jeremy Fisk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:44 am

jarek79 wrote:

Cleo

Cleo, sorry for my comment on your tread.

I don't see a problem with showing first and last name in latest orders because I am not selling nuclear warheads.
Maybe I am wrong about it. I will ask my customers if they want their names removed.

Jerry
I'd be interested to know what your customers say

Cheers

jem

Hand Dryers

Bookstore Mod
QuickShop Module
Compulsory Login vQmod
Brands In Top Menu

Post by jarek79 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:11 pm

I just spoke to some of my customers and they don't mind me showing their full name. They would be pissed if I showed their address or phone number.

I will keep asking and I will update this tread in few weeks.

Jerry

Post by labeshops » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:26 pm

jarek79 wrote:I just spoke to some of my customers and they don't mind me showing their full name. They would be pissed if I showed their address or phone number.

I will keep asking and I will update this tread in few weeks.

Jerry
The thing is, as a potential customer, I would not buy from you since you show this information - I don't want everyone to know my full name and what I bought so would shop elsewhere. So you might look at the potential loss of business.

Personally I would change it to focus more on what what just sold, remove the total and the customer full name. I wouldn't show the amount paid because a customer might be pssed if they paid more (didn't have the coupon or whatever) than someone else did for the same item.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by rob_pal » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:33 am

Your logo is a bit out of touch, is not really working with the rest of the site. The products gets a bit messy on mobiles, some jumps out of their place, however is still usable. As I always say, I would make the images bigger. I seen worse usage of a premium theme, but it could be done better.

Location - Leeds

Post by Calcite » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:41 am

Typo on main page

Have you claimed your copy of our valuable newslatter yet?

Post by nitu005 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 pm

bigchili wrote:
I think its not a Lingerie sites..its simple gift boxes site..m I right??

Post by GrantBryan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:38 pm

bigchili wrote:

I'd have to agree. If it was just first name only (which I'm sure it could be easily modded to make that happen) I wouldn't mind so much. But First and Last name I would kind of have a problem with. LOL, especially if the site was like for sexy
lingerie or something! :o
So bigchili which site do you know to purchase lingerie items. I need to get few for my girl friend. Hope you can help