Post by iloveopencart » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:21 am

http://www.patioheateronline.com

This site was created with OC 1.3.2 as the core. This is a drop-ship only website - all orders go directly to the wholesaler for fulfillment. Please share your thoughts, comments, criticisms, etc.

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by Qphoria » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:25 am

Awesome.
Question.. for your orders to goto the drop shipper directly, did you create a custom transfer process to send the data to them? Do they have some API that they support for forwarding orders to them? How about the payment. Does the payment goto you and then you pay them?

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by iloveopencart » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:32 am

for your orders to goto the drop shipper directly, did you create a custom transfer process to send the data to them?
Yes. The system looks at the products in each order, and for each vendor in the order, and email is sent listing their items in the order.
Do they have some API that they support for forwarding orders to them?
I customized the admin side to include emails for where to send orders, and for who to request warranty service from. When a customer view their order history, if the item qualifies for warranty service, there's a link to a special contact form that emails the vendor directly. Vendors can also log in and modify their own inventory levels each week. They only see their products in the product list.
How about the payment. Does the payment goto you and then you pay them?
That is correct. We collect full payment, and then they bill us.

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by OpenCart.us » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:18 am

Nicely done!

How did you get the "Checkout" button to appear in the right-side Shopping Cart module upon clicking the "Add to Cart" button and redirect to checkout/cart page?

Quality OpenCart Extensions:
Exclude My Visits From Google Analytics
Hide Admin Dashboard Overview, Statistics & Latest Orders
Advanced Customer Reviews with Email, URL & Auto-Enable
Contact Us Page with Store Hours, Google Maps & Additional Text

Location - New York, NY USA

Post by iloveopencart » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 am

I think I used OC 1.3.2. Here were the changes I made:

In /catalog/controller/module/cart.php index function:

Code: Select all

$this->data['button_cart'] = $this->language->get('button_cart');
$this->data['cart'] = $this->url->http('checkout/cart');
$this->data['button_checkout'] = $this->language->get('button_checkout');
$this->data['checkout'] = $this->url->https('checkout/shipping');
In /catalog/language/english/module/cart.php:

// Buttons
$_['button_cart']     = 'Cart';
$_['button_checkout'] = 'Checkout';
In /catalog/view/theme/default/template/module/cart.tpl:

<?php if ($products) { ?>
<div class="cart_details">
<?php foreach ($products as $product) { ?>
<b><?php echo $product['quantity']; ?></b>&nbsp;x&nbsp;<a href="<?php echo $product['href']; ?>"><?php echo $product['name']; ?></a><br />
<?php foreach ($product['option'] as $option) { ?>
<span class="small">- <?php echo $option['name']; ?>: <?php echo $option['value']; ?></span><br />
<?php } ?>
<?php } ?>
<br /><span class="cart-right"><?php echo $text_subtotal; ?>: <b><?php echo $subtotal; ?></b></span>
<br /><center>
<a onclick="location='<?php echo $cart; ?>'" class="button"><span><?php echo $button_cart; ?></span></a>
<a onclick="location='<?php echo $checkout; ?>'" class="button"><span><?php echo $button_checkout; ?></span></a>
</center>
</div>
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="cart_details" style="text-align: center; "><?php echo $text_empty; ?></div>
<?php } ?>
As for the auto redirect, in the controller file of each product listed:

$this->data['action'] = $this->url->http('checkout/cart');
Then in the related template file, for each product listed:

<form action="<?php echo $action; ?>" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="product<?php echo $product['product_id']; ?>">
<a onclick="$('#product<?php echo $product['product_id']; ?>').submit();>Buy Now</a>
<input type="hidden" name="product_id" value="<?php echo $product['product_id']; ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="quantity" value="1" />
</form>

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by asg333 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi,

There is a serious bug in the site that you may want to check. When you enter the site and add a product to the cart, then click on a category (or any link actually) , the cart empties back to 0.

I tried this using IE8 and Firefox.

Adam

Post by Qphoria » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:03 pm

confirmed.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by iloveopencart » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks for the alert. I have been trying to identify the problem. I'm sure it has something to do with one of the fixes recommended by Mcafee.

Global Moderator

Location - Phoenix, AZ

Post by spectrum2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 pm

HI

Will "orders go directly to the wholesaler for fulfillment" work with my dropshipper.

Dropshipper statement
Order Entry
Provides two methods for automatically submitting and processing orders, both of which are based on the same XML document.

Batch Upload

On the left navigation bar you'll see a link for our Batch Upload. Batch upload allows you submit multiple orders at the same time using one XML file. Documentation for how to use the batch upload can be found HERE.

FTP Order Entry

FTP Order entry allows customers to completely automate the process of placing orders by sending XML order files automatically to our server via an FTP connection. When these orders process, leaves you an order confirmation and invoices in your outbound FTP directory.

Thanks

Post by mighty_mo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:25 am

hi iloveopencart,

"Yes. The system looks at the products in each order, and for each vendor in the order, and email is sent listing their items in the order."

I am trying to do something very similar to what you mentioned, get the system to email each "manufacturer" directly with the items in the cart that they are linked to.

Are you please able to direct me in how to go about this?

many thanks!
Mo