Post by toddsworld » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:42 am

Hi everyone,

Please review my webstore. I need to know what works and what doesn't work on my website store. Give it to me, I'm ready.
OpenCart Version: 1.5.1.3

Here is the link:

http://www.ezsecuritycam.com/shop

But, please be kind : ) I'm NOT an expert yet.

Thank you,

Todd ???

Post by k412m4z » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 am

For starters, your logo and tagline need some work. Okay... a lot of work.

Let me know if you'd be interested in maybe getting that taken care of properly ;)

The rest looks pretty good in my honest opinion.

http://www.Namerific.com

Post by williamjay » Sat May 26, 2012 8:41 am

OK, here it comes, straight-up and straight-over, as always. These are my initial observations and opinions.

Over-all, the use of highly contrasting color and tone is good, the site seems to be quite well structured as far as categories and product types, all of the links I tried actually took me to the expected places . . .

It's using a bit too much flashy blinking stuff, (it's everywhere and so gets you nowhere). That stuff gets ignored pretty quickly or the customer in this demographic may get over-whelmed and move on to an other site.

-> Shopping 'Cart' icon is a 'Bag', also most of your products are actually boxed => mixed messages.
-> Information List on the footer is way too long compared to the other lists => unbalanced look.
-> spacing between Panel on the left and Contents is too narrow => confusing to the eye
-> some Category Names are too long for nice display in the Panels => uncontrolled word wrap
-> on the Product pages, the tabs are stacked instead of tabbed => unorganized look and feel.
--> (and a long scroll away from the main info you want people to have easy access to)
-> Specials and Latest boxes across the bottom of Contents are only as wide as Contents => vacant real estate.

That was about an hour of looking around and writing this as I noticed these things and they are all, pretty much, theme related issues and so adjustable via the stylesheet.

-- - thanks for the opportunity to participate in y(our) ongoing success - --