Post by mcamca » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Fishing tackle/equipment now back after mods, please view from:

http://www.smatackle.co.uk/

Original question re:

"What are the opinions re.supplying contact details via a contact details autoresponse form?"

I hope(?) has been solved!

Have included the Google translate toolbar! Works OK with Internet Explorer 8, but translates slow with latest version of Firefox!
Would appreciate comments on functionality with other browsers and quality of translation in languages other than English!
Last edited by mcamca on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Post by mcamca » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:24 pm

Please, after 40+ views, there have been no replies to the above!
When we first chose Opencart as the core of our updated site we expected forum members and moderators to give there advice!
Maybe they are very busy though not to busy to visit the site as It has had over 30 hits from members of this forum since this item was posted!
Last edited by mcamca on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Moggin » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi mcamca, it is very quiet on the forum as far as I can tell.

I like your new shop, it looks good.....(though the opening splash page with browser data....that is not to everyone's liking :) )

I can see why you want to restrict contact detail information. To be honest I think your first, amended contact form is fine on its own.

Because you mention your address and are 'cagey' about contact info, it actually draws attention to this....and you tend to think ..'well, what is he hiding? Is he in HMP Sometown or something??' ;D Then there is the part where you have captured my IP address. A bit sinister! So I would skip that and just have the no-details contact form.If someone wants your address they will say so, or find you on Google perhaps.

Two things to note: 1) There may be a legal requirement to give full contact details on a trading website. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but ...worth a look 2) Spam email and (groan) sales phone calls are a fact of trading life. They are not that big a hassle, in my experience: reducing them is good, but you have to balance that with deterring customers.

I hope that helps, and wish you all the best with your new site.

Post by mcamca » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:13 am

Moggin
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, had been wondering whether an alien virus had hit the world and wiped everyone out!

Re. Your comments: We agree over the splash screen, will only use to advise when javascript and cookies are disabled!

Overall, it looks as though we'll have to revert to the Contact Us form.
At the moment we're very busy, so will effect the changes in the next few days!
Last edited by mcamca on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by MrConn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:06 pm

The first info-screen is just disturbing! Personally I would exit your site there already... :-\

And whats up with the "page-fade-effect" ???
Imo it makes the site look like a personal website from the year 2002! From a customers point of view it's just annoying... :-[

Fix the two things, and I'll look again ;D

Nemmelig.no - Billige Gadgets!

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:54 pm

I have to agree with the "landing" page comments - This is not really something that would invite me to enter the site
-- IMAGE REMOVED --
It would also be irritating having this come up every time you visit the site. Surely this screen is unnecessary. Why do you need to tell your visitors their browser, ip and that they have JS enabled with cookies? Couldn't you just forward them to the main site if they do?

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by mcamca » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:52 am

MrConn wrote:The first info-screen is just disturbing! Personally I would exit your site there already... :-\

And whats up with the "page-fade-effect" ???
Imo it makes the site look like a personal website from the year 2002! From a customers point of view it's just annoying... :-[

Fix the two things, and I'll look again ;D
----------------------------------------------------

Thanks for advice from all of above replies!

Have now had time to effect changes.
Please look at again or visit directly via:

Link removed during modification.............

-----------------------------------------------------
Last edited by mcamca on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 am

On your home, to the right of the advanced search link, you list some phone numbers and opening hours. These are very hard to read against the chosen background color.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mcamca » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:07 pm

Fishing tackle/equipment now back after mods, please view from:

Original question re:

"What are the opinions re.supplying contact details via a contact details autoresponse form?"

I hope(?) has been solved!

Have included the Google translate toolbar! Works OK with Internet Explorer 8, but translates slow with latest version of Firefox!
Would appreciate comments on functionality with other browsers and quality of translation in languages other than English!

Post by Moggin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Well, I think it is great. A very thorough job: clean and fast-loading, a good front page with a simple tooltip over the slides, and all the pictures/products must surely appeal to fishing enthusiasts. It looks like you really care about what you're selling.

I even learned about lug-pumping! (And yes, take it from Moggin, getting stuck in quicksand is not recommended for a laugh.... & you'll be in it faster than you know!...)

The whole site is secured, which is unusual, but it doesn't affect anything that I can see. Nice work!

Post by mcamca » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Thanks for your reply "Moggin", nice to get complimentary remarks for a change!
Site now includes "Flash Videos", thought that forum members may be interested in this!

Thanks Daniel for all the work you've done; we're selling a lot of products since changing over to "Opencart", possibly due to the ease with which "Opencart" can be modified!

View recently modified site at:
-----------------------------------