Post by Shakilareed » Fri May 08, 2015 12:45 am

Hello everyone,

So after working on my site since October. I'm now almost to the finish line (I hope). I have a couple things on my checkoff list to do which includes the slider banners on the home page (I hired a good freelancer to create more professional ones), updating some of my information pages, and adding my contact information.

However, I've been doing some slight advertising through Facebook ads. Just to see how people will respond to my website. I also have gotten some purchases here...... and..... there. But I notice that a lot of people comes to the site and leaves in a couple minutes. I track my site through mylivechat, and it tells me exactly who referred the customer, what pages their on, and how long they are there before they leave.

Also most of my traffic comes from user on their mobile phones. My site is responsive but I have had some questions myself about it being "user friendly" and easy to navigate.

I'm just wondering if the lack of buyers is due to the layout, theme, price, or the lack of products. Which I still have some uploading to do. I also have a 48.67% bounce rate according to Google Analytics.

My website is http://classyrose.com .

Post by feebyneko » Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Don't trust Google analytics for bounce rate recording because it actually does it wrong. There are other analytics systems out there that are more suited to ecommerce- you should do some googling and check around. :) I'm still learning too but I just found that out recently.

I'd say your site looks really pro. Are you doing any advertising? You can have the best site in the world but if you don't tell anyone it'll just get lost in the sea of the internet sadly.

NekoCreations - I'm a freelance designer. Currently accepting commissions.

Location - Michigan

Post by digitalhelper » Wed May 13, 2015 1:13 am

Hi,

I have just looked at your website and your site and it does look good. But the thing that is clearly standing out is the lack of contact details. You don't have a address or contact phone number only email address.

I know that that more and more companies are just using live chat or email. But at least they have an address. If I went to a website that did not have a address and hid their domain details I wouldn't buy from them.

Just my two cents