Post by Norrad » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:19 pm

I've just launched my first OpenCart powered store. Please check it out at http://www.hobbykit.co.za and let me know what you think.

I will be making someminor improvements over the next few days, so any suggestions would be more than welcome. :D

Post by MrConn » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:20 pm

Good work! :-D
But whats up with the red bar on the right side? It looks so "useless"... :P

Nemmelig.no - Billige Gadgets!

Post by Daniel » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:39 pm

post this on the live shops section please. it looks a nice design.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Norrad » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Daniel wrote:post this on the live shops section please. it looks a nice design.
Thanks Daniel. I will post it there now. Still a work in progress though.

Post by Norrad » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 pm

MrConn wrote:Good work! :-D
But whats up with the red bar on the right side? It looks so "useless"... :P
I was going to place the Special Offers link in there. Plus it breaks the Blue/Grey colour scheme a little.

I am busy working on a Featured product scroller to go in place of the welcome text.

Post by Norrad » Sun May 23, 2010 12:46 am

I've just made a few improvements to the store and I would welcome any input as to what you all think. Please let me know if you notice any layout issues or bugs, I can only test on Windows 7 with IE 8, Firefox and Chrome. Anyone running IE7 please let me know what it looks like.

Post by Norrad » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 am

Well, just an update on the site. I managed to move the Special Offers into the pink bar, so it doesn't look out of place.
I'va also added a Wish List that users can use to bookmark products that they like.

Let me know what you think! http://www.hobbykit.co.za

ps. Daniel, I've been trying to add it to the Live Shops section without success.

Post by JAY6390 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Really liking the logo for your store, although not too keen on that moving navigation thingamabob to be honest. Overall though great job :)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Norrad » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:31 am

Thanks Jay,

The logo was just a quick mockup that I ended up actually really liking and decided to use. The moving navigation is just a way to liven up the main links. Most of the time you don't see it.

I've made some more changes to the site by splitting the homepage into "latest products", "recent discounts" and "stock just in" to make it stand out a bit more. Seems like I'm always finding something to tweak.

Still coming this week is a full forum integration and a ticket support system. I wonder why I never have time to add products :laugh:

Just found that http://www.ki-ad.com/ has copied my design, pretty flattering...

Post by tommyla » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:02 pm

does not look like a copy, why? diffrent colors, diffrent logo and not to mention completely diffrent language :laugh:
but your store and logo still rules! :D

Location - Norway

Post by Norrad » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:49 am

tommyla wrote:does not look like a copy, why? diffrent colors, diffrent logo and not to mention completely diffrent language :laugh:
but your store and logo still rules! :D
Thanks ;D
I don't mind that they copied the design, isn't imitation the best form of flattery? Atleast the content is very different.

Check their "Add This" social bookmarking links in the header, my username still appears in the code :D