Post by Mark Dyer » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:25 pm

Here is a site i'm working on with ver .6.3. Great cart to work with.

url. www.beewild.com
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by BFTUK » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:09 am

luvz2drv wrote: nice post.. and nice job removing the opencart powered by..  then trying to brag about it int he forum where you are now claiming the software to be yours.. nice....
Sorry but your out of line here, this is opensource software and users can remove, edit any coding as they like. If you want to leave the links and copyright intact, thats entirely up to you but don't berate other users.

You've seen the other thread, the original creator of opencart has even stated that he has no problem with people removing the links and powered by notifications....

SEO Blog | UK Website Directory

Post by Mark Dyer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:04 am

Thanks BFTUK ... I didn't think there would be any problems.  The reason for the post was to show what we have been capable of doing with this software as a base for development of a website. Daniel has not had any issue with this.

Post by ogun » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:55 am

nice looking site :)

if i end up using opencart i'll remove the copyright too, same for any other script with a license that allows it - not out of disrepect for the developers but because it's just another small thing to make your site less vulnerable. if someone finds a potential exploit for a script, the first thing they're going to do is hit google and build a list of sites where they could use that exploit.

Post by Lord_Azure » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:18 pm

Personally, I am leaving the copyright in. Unless a customer requests it.

I firmly believe in credit due. But I do agree with you. This is opensource and is completely open to edit by yourselves.

As Daniel has quite openly stated that he does not have a problem with us removing the copyright. I still intend to donate some money to Daniel every time i install a cart on a server.

Well done Daniel, Keep up the good work.

Post by ogun » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:43 pm

Lord_Azure wrote: I still intend to donate some money to Daniel every time i install a cart on a server.

Well done Daniel, Keep up the good work.
Same here.

Definitely, nice one Daniel :)

Post by Daniel » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:29 am

The problem is that there are a lot of web designer that have clients that don't want the opencart link added to there site so we shouldn't presure them to do this.

I'm currently working on high cost project using OpenCart as the framework and I don't think the client would understand about using opensource software.
Last edited by Daniel on Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by rYno » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:26 am

I like to leave it in the meta's for recognition.  If somebody wants to know what was used to create it they'll probably look at the source anyways.

rangers lead the way

Location - Az

Post by majhoul » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:05 am

Personnaly i add "Proudly Powered By OpenCart" in the bottom :))) i think more people must know OpenCart so they can contribute and help the progress of this software "dont you think?"

Post by rYno » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:49 am

True but again people that only look at the footer to see how something was made most likely aren't developers or anybody who's going to join and/or be active in the community.  It doesn't hurt however but again, less is more, therefore it'll stay in the meta's for me.  Developers will look there no doubt.

rangers lead the way

Location - Az