Post by bruceamo123 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:39 am

Please visit our new store by open cart.
We sell eco-friendly lamp oils, tiki torches and elegant oil candles for the home or business.
visit www.burnmystuff.net today!

Post by butte » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:17 am

You have 1.5.2.1, good enough, with ecart theme. How is the background of grass supposed to relate to oils, candles, and torches?

Guru Member

Post by aye » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:11 am

I don't like very much the background repetition... besides it doesn't seem to have much to do with candels and lamps' oils...

Free hosting

aye

Post by labeshops » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:49 am

View the background image separately - it's actually an oil tiki torch IN the grass, though the content frames cover the torch at most resolutions so it looks like just badly tiled grass.

I am with the other 2 though - change the background either a solid color or an image large enough to actually work.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by butte » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:28 am

If you do make it visible, then consider reshooting it.

I see a sunlit post, torch, lid, and bell, dragged out from behind the shopping cart. Maybe the lid and bell are flame snuffers. If I were to see instead a lit torch at dusk or at night, unhidden by the shopping cart, then I would see a perhaps colorful treatment having something to do with what is in the shopping cart. Lit candles and a lit torch at dusk would tend to convey a warm and fuzzy feeling. What's there now doesn't do that and is hidden anyway by the shopping cart.

Guru Member

Post by vipster247 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi there,

The only thing I would say is that your logo is very small. I can not ready the address. Please see attached.
burn-my-stuff.PNG

burn-my-stuff.PNG (29.09 KiB) Viewed 2108 times

I do like that you have a great range of products and have also created some videos.

Post by bruceamo123 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:40 am

butte wrote:You have 1.5.2.1, good enough, with ecart theme. How is the background of grass supposed to relate to oils, candles, and torches?
Thank you for the reply, I have changed my background

Post by butte » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 am

That works. You can also play with that. If you drop the white on cyan name and make a quasi-checkerboard of the flame image, such as each successive column offset 1/2 image height, then that can readily repeat across and down so that the images form a pattern even before the flame "materializes" into view as a flame, on a candle.

Guru Member