Post by berentz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:15 am

A couple of months ago we launched our Online Fashion Shop http://indigotrend.com in Indonesia.
We offer latest trends of urban clothing for young women and teens.

Therefore we decided to create our own unique template, that is young, trendy, colorful and easy to navigate through. We also simplied the order process by using a single page checkout. For the product detail page we used quite large images, because we do not have a mobile design yet and the zoom is a bit of a pain on smartphones.

Furthermore we integrated an on-site fashion blog http://indigotrend.com/fashion-blog-indonesia, which is frequently updated with fashion tips and latest fashion trends. As our target customers are in Indonesia we just used the local language.

I would appreciate any comments very much,
Thanks in advance

Post by MarketInSG » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:59 am

looking great. You need to allow overflow for the whole website. If your screen is in smaller resolution, it somehow crops away the sides of your website, instead of allowing scrolling

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by berentz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply, MarketInSG.
I checked my site with a small browser window and you are right. It turned out that the horizontal scroll bars do not appear in FF. However in IE & Chrome they appeared. After some search I found the problem:

html {
overflow: -moz-scrollbars-vertical;

So I just removed the "overflow: -moz-scrollbars-vertical;" and now the horizontal scrollbar shows up in FF when needed.

Thanks again and have a nice day :)

Post by MarketInSG » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:41 pm

looking great now. clean looking though a little familiar in design of another website.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by berentz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks a lot, MarketInSG

Post by butte » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:51 am

Both are simple and clean, navigable and effective, not distressingly ordinary. Chat popup is an annoyance, and you will probably not respond to it around the clock every day anyway. Consider getting rid of it.

Guru Member

Post by berentz » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Thanks for your reply "butte". Its true that our LIVE CHAT bubble is disturbing somehow. Our Fashion Designer as well as our Web Designer don't like it, too. The reason I decided to keep it on our site is, that in Indonesia many people like to chat before they buy online. They often have questions regarding the size of our clothes and they frequently ask for discounts. There are so many resellers in Indonesia its amazing (and sometimes frustrating, because they often compete with us). Therefore our hotline is using the LIVE CHAT constantly during office hours.

The original bubble is actually orange and then even more annoying. So I changed its background color already to black. Unfortunately the bubble itself cannot be changed with a different image as far as I know. We use the chat client Zopim from Singapore which is quite popular among other big online fashion shops here in Indonesia. So I hope that our visitors got already a bit familar with it.

I wonder whether there would be another solution to improve the design, by still having the LIVE CHAT, but less distracting.

Thanks again, Juergen

Post by butte » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Well, the custom and your extent of usage argue for having a chat, and customer familiarity argues for having that one.

Your web designer can (easily) try putting it into its own layer with its own positioning and with the opacity/transparency set to make it see-through even when it is active, clicked, or hovered, and still more see-through when it is unhovered. Even if it arises from another server (some chats do), where it is summoned and displayed can still be forced into a div/box/wrapper/etc. under your own css control such as for visibility.

Guru Member

Post by CaptainHaddock » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:49 am

I like this shop. The design is clean, simple and easy on the eye. The pages load very fast. The images are high quality. It looks good on a smartphone in landscape format and is quite usable.
Would be good if the images would resize, especially on a smartphone, to avoid need for scrolling to see the whole picture.
You might want to consider enhancing the search box so it auto suggests as you type.
I would make the cart/checkout area in the top right bigger and more obvious.

But overall I think this site is very usueable as it is.

Well done and good luck.

Opencart 1.5.5.1
VQMOD
Extensions installed:
Journal Theme
SEO Pack Pro
All Products From Subcategory in Parent Category
All Products From Subcategories in Parent Category Filters
Remove Return Links

Bug fixes applied:
Fix for Tag Filters not working (see OpenCart 1.5.5 Bug Thread)

Post by berentz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:33 am

Dear butte,
that's really a good idea to have the chat client semi transparent. I will definitely try it out.
Thanks a lot :)

Post by berentz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:56 am

Dear CaptainHaddock,

Thanks a lot for your reply. We really tried our best to make our shop loading as fast as possibly. In Indonesia most of the users still have just a 1Mbit internet connection (no kidding). Therefore it was one of our main requirements to reduce the page load as much as possibly by still offering high quality images. It took us quite some time to get our photos with the white background so well. We don't use an expensive photographer and all the Photoshop stuff we also do ourselves. But know we know most of the tricks to use our camera, studio and Phtoshop to get good results.

I like your idea to resize our product images. It should be quite simple with CSS and definitely improves the user experience on smartphones.

I will also try to enlarge the search box and the cheakout area, so that it is more eye catching. I think it would fit to our shop design well, because we use large fonts and large photos anyway.

The auto suggest for the search box sounds very interesting. So far I forgot to think about it and I guess only our staff is using it, because the visitors just do not know what to type there. They just don't know our product names. Therefore it would be really an advantage having this feature in our fashion shop. Is there any extension that you could recommend ?

Thanks again CaptainHaddock :)

Post by CaptainHaddock » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:36 am

Hi Berentz,

The search auto suggest I have on my site was included with the theme I purchased. So, I have not used any of the ones in the open cart extension store. I think my search is similar to this one:
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... rch=search

My site is http://www.finevintageart.com/
It is being discussed in another thread and I welcome any comments on it if you have time:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=110730

Kind regards
CaptainHaddock

Opencart 1.5.5.1
VQMOD
Extensions installed:
Journal Theme
SEO Pack Pro
All Products From Subcategory in Parent Category
All Products From Subcategories in Parent Category Filters
Remove Return Links

Bug fixes applied:
Fix for Tag Filters not working (see OpenCart 1.5.5 Bug Thread)

Post by onaldo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 pm

I love the look of your shop. However, the cart is not prominent on the site. The cart should be accessible always.

_______
Opencart Philippines - http://www.beanebiz.com/

Location - Philippines

Post by butte » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:01 am

The cart is "always" accessible at top right corner and I like it overall partly because he does not have an overall "cartsy" look and feel to provide it. I happen to dislike intensely the stark yellow and white in that corner but, as it were, that is his problem not mine.

Guru Member

Post by berentz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Dear CaptainHaddock,
thanks a lot for your reply with the link to Ajax search. I will definitely check it out as it looks very well on your site.

Post by berentz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:02 pm

Dear onaldo,
Thanks for your comment.
I have made the shopping cart for Indigo Trend hidden until somebody adds a product to the cart. This was just an attempt to get a more clean design and offer the cart after somebody is really interested to buy. Of course this method has still to be proven to be successful.

Post by dunks » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Very nice design, simple and useful.. keep it work.. !

#Salam Opencart Indonesia.. tetap maju :)

Ingat Gadget, Ingat DroidLime https://www.droidlime.com/

Location - Jakarta - Indonesia

Post by aye » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:00 am

Hi Berentz,

I like it very much.

I would justify the text and get rid of the white background colour in the favicon.

Looks like a very difficult language XD

Free hosting

aye

Post by berentz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Dear Dunks,
thanks a lot for your comment. Its nice to read a post from an Open Cart colleague from Indonesia.

Post by berentz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Dear aye,
thanks for your suggestion to justify the text and remove the white background in the favicon. I like your idea and will work on it soon.
BTW, the Indonesian language is actually quite simple to learn. I am originally from Germany and could learn it without a teacher. "Bahasa Indonesia" which means "Indonesian Language" has only limited grammar, no tenses and if you want to say something in plural you just say the word twice.
Thanks again, Juergen