Post by Gilmore » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:12 am

Hello,
There is this guy named Alexander Bavin, DirAdlex@gmail.com, 478-480-2793, that is spamming my clients for his new seo ebook for OpenCart. It appears he is an affiliate of http://www.opencart-seo.com/

He starts off with...

I see that your online shop is running on OpenCart platform and because of that I would like to present you the latest Opencart seo ebook guide that has recently launched....

I have already had over 9 of my OC clients complain about this. I looked over the extensions to see if he is in there, but I didn't find this spammer.

The BIG question is, how does he know all the people who are using OC?

My clients don't come here so it's not a question if OC gave up the info. Is there a scanner out there now that finds all OC installs? If so, how do we block it? We have already filed multiple complaints with gmail and he hosts with some free site out of Holland to hide behind.

Just thought I should let you guys know of this practice and to watch out for those unsolicited emails regarding our carts!

Next this guy will be trying to steal your info if you buy from him I suppose! Who knows about these shyster scamming spammers!

Thanks!

Gilmore

Post by victorj » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 am

this guy is using a spider wich is looking for websites using opencart signature.
then he visits the site and put his advertisement in through contact form, perhaps hoping he sels his probally unneeded book.

had the same spam on all my websites (using my own tracking software, logging each individual visit) so i could find this back.

Koeltechnische deurrubbers eenvoudig online op maat bestellen.
Alle niet stekplichtige onderdelen zoals scharnieren, sloten, randverwarming en verlichting voor alle typen koelingen en vriezers.
https://koelcel-onderdelen.com

Expert Member

Location - Alkmaar Holland

Post by Gilmore » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 am

Thanks Victor! Already added his IP range to the firewall. Yea there's no way I'd buy a book from this guy when I prob have forgotten more than he knows! lol :laugh:

Thanks!

Gilmore

Post by i2Paq » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:51 pm

I had the same spam, I just deleted it.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Guru Member

Location - Singapore