Post by jogru » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:22 am

I hacked and tweaked someone elses code (dont remember whos) to work for me in my store.

its a vqmod that adds a field to write the price incl vat with Swedish vat of 25%.

It works perfectly when you have a suppliers recomended price and just need to add it without using a calculator - well it is basically a automated calculator.
the file goes in your vqmod/xml directory

Post by energydrink9 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:01 am

I've written a free plugin for enter products prices including (or not) taxes.
It supports options, discounts, specials.
It's a vQmod.
Here is the link: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=13409

Enjoy ;)

Post by webappcreative » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:42 pm

I agree with you, I have been having the same problem. Thanks for posting, I am going to try the suggestions and see the outcome.

Trey - web design | web development Melbourne

Location - Melbourne Australia

Post by Andrew10 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:03 am

Is really difficult do that. I had have a not so good experience with it.

Impressora Térmica Ltd (Brazil) http://www.impressoratermica.com

Post by Maganty » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:42 pm

I'm interested to know what were webappcreative's results of trying suggestions?

Post by OSWorX » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Zweichende wrote:I think mods like these should be built into core rather than adding new incomplete features just to expand THE list of features..
No. I do not.

Because I cannot understand why I should enter the price incl. VAT.
A business has to calculate only with net prices.
VAT is always handled as a 'sidecost' which is an amount you have to give to your tax office.
Has no relevance to your accounting figures - nothing to calculate with, like if it would be not exist.

And if your business is that small that you are a 'small' busines (like in Germany, Austria and maybe other countries) and you do not have to handle with VAT, the define your system settings to display prices WITHOUT VAT, and enter the product price WITH VAT.

Again, nothing to change the way as it as right now.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by e-Hifi » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:45 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Zweichende wrote:I think mods like these should be built into core rather than adding new incomplete features just to expand THE list of features..
No. I do not.
Yes. I do!!
I wonder why is this so hard for some of you OC developers to understand?
The fact that VAT is not relevant for a business results, doesn´t mean that it´s not relevant for that same business prices towards the customers.
Especially if it´s working mainly with private consumers, wich are only intrested in prices INCLUDING VAT (thats the way in Sweden anyway). The thing is, when setting prices for consumers in the retailsector, you trim them to be as attractive as possible, so for example a price of: 99 is better than 98,34. I think all can agree on that?
Therefore its easier to enter the productprice INC VAT instead of recalculate to the proper price excl. vat. Is that something you could agree on? If your business mainly sell B2B, then ofcourse you enter prices exl. vat, but for all of us that sell B2C it would be much easier to have the option to enter prices Inc. vat.
I really think this is a core function to be able to enter prices the way you need for your business.
As it is today, i have to use a calculator each time im adding new products or alter prices, that is so unnessesary in my opinion, when instead the OC could do that for you.

Another thing that is related to this is the way prices are shown in frontend, for consumers in Sweden and i think many other European countries, the prices should be presented inc. vat.
Therefore it would be great to have a option to show all prices AND order totals inc. vat, with a separate line showing the total vat that´s included in the sum. If you get what i mean?
Ex.
Product 1 £10
Product 2 £15
Total: £25
Vat is inluded with: £5 (25% vat)

This few things shouldn´t be so difficult to implement into OC core, its just a simple recalculating, so why don´t add it? I know this would make things much easier for a lot of OC users, and make OC a much more flexible e-commerce system.
To be able to add prices and show correct prices to customers, the way you want and in that way that is normally used in different markets is rather important, dont you think?
Im not pointing any fingers or anything, just trying to explain why many of us would want this feature and that it is rather essential.

Other than that, thanks for a lovely e-commerce system! :)

Post by i2Paq » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:45 pm

I personally think it is should be possible, by default, to enter prices with VAT.

Even osCommerce, old and outdated, had this from day 1.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by slingeraap » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:50 am

Yep, I agree.

Woocommerce has this also. It is the second option under the Tax Settings. The first is 'Enable Tax' (yes/no), and te second is 'Prices Entered With Tax' (yes/no). It is such a basic feature...

All my clienst want to enter prices with tax. They all sell to consumers, that's why. And they don't want to calculate all prices themselves with 4 decimals. And to calculate and fill them all again in, after a VAT change from 19% to 21%.

I am trying Woocommerce for the first time right now. It seems to be perfect. The only advantage was maybe the stock system in OC, but that doesn't work either, on t-shirts in different colors and sizes. I think I'll stick to WooCommerce from now on. I can sell that product easier and it is easier for my clients.

Post by bero » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:04 am

Is there a version for 2.0.11??

Post by 247tradecounter » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:53 pm

HI im new here so apologies if im repeating questions that have been asked already.

i have eCommerce site using open cart currently in development.

im looking for the option to display a singular item price however when you click add to cart it charges a multiple item price for example: i advertise a ball for £4 however they click to add to cart and it charges them for a box of 10 balls.

ive tried using the options feature on the products but it adds my box price to the individual item price

Post by fido-x » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:04 am

Any tax you pay yourself (company tax, income tax) should already be factored in to the price of the product by way of "mark-up" and the price entered for the product includes those taxes, as they are "hidden" from the customer. However, when it comes to things like VAT, this is an add-on tax that is paid by the customer, not by you. You merely collect that tax on behalf of the tax department. Customers from outside your country are not required to pay those taxes, so they should not be factored in to the price that is entered for the product and should be kept separate.

In Australia, we have a GST (Goods and Services Tax) and all prices are required to be displayed including tax. But this tax is still an add-on to the initial product price and the invoice is required to display the amount of GST that has been paid by the customer.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by e-Hifi » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Well, for Opencart to be used by as many as possible, it should be possible to enter productprice including VAT as well as excluding. Different shopowners set their prices in different ways and different regions in the world adress VAT a little different, and therefore it is just logical that you have that option that suits your business best.
In the EU for example, usually a consumer pay VAT in the country they shop from, and not their own countrys tax-rate.
Except if the selling company sell for over a certain amount per year in the buyers country, then they have to register for VAT in that country and start selling with that countrys VAT.

VAT is ofcourse an addon tax, but for many of us that sell to cunsumers, its the price INCLUDING VAT that is the most important as thats what cunsumers relate to and can compare.
Some retailers get pricelists from their distributors with recommended prices inkluding tax, and if you want to stick to that price, its easier to add with VAT into Opencart.

The very nature of e-commerse is to sell and to set the price right, so why dont make it easier for everone to add all those prices the way that suits there business best?
We are not talking about changing the way Opencart are calculating prices internally, since that always is without VAT, but only to give us a way of entering prices with VAT and also to show all prices that the customer can see with VAT.
All as an option/options in the admin area so that the shopowner can set it to suit his/her needs the best.

Post by slingeraap » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:14 pm

fido-x wrote:Customers from outside your country are not required to pay those taxes, so they should not be factored in to the price that is entered for the product and should be kept separate.
I prefer to display the right prices for the customers in my own country instead of for the few visitors from outside my country. My clients prefer to enter their prices including VAT, so I moved to WooCommerce for all new projects.

Furthermore, a toggle at the bottom (or top) of the site saying "display prices with or without VAT" should cover this also.

Post by hoalan124561 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:05 pm

I will have a look at implementing the default store tax class based on the store's locale.

The price saved to the DB is purely and only the ex-vat price.

If someone changes the tax rate then it will not have any influence as such.

It is purely a means for admin to enter a price easily.

chuyen nghiep giup viec nha theo gio Tri Duc giup viec nha theo gio uy tin giup viec nha theo gio tan tam

Post by deepakrajput » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:41 am

I think to enter prices inc. is better option for good traffic.

Opencart - Main Site

Location - CA

Post by cyclops12 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:59 pm

As a uk store owner i think it would be alot easier to input prices including VAT

It would be nice to have two fields....one EX vat and the other Inc vat...and you just fill in which ever you find easiest to use

Expert Member

Post by kelklope » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:42 pm

cyclops12 wrote:As a uk store owner i think it would be alot easier to input prices including VAT

It would be nice to have two fields....one EX vat and the other Inc vat...and you just fill in which ever you find easiest to use
Yes this is a good idea..the abilty to choose is always good :)

Cigarette electronique prix - Innokin - Clearomiseur zenith - Geekvape
- Savourea - E liquide Halo - Liquideo - T juice

Post by web-project » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:31 am

i do believe that two prices should be displayed for specific country as at the end of the day customers do pay VAT, except business customers in EU.

Location - Stevenage, UK

Post by gnjmotorsport » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:31 am

I definitely agree this feature should be added, adds extra minutes to every order every day which adds up!

Location - Blackburn