Post by MarketInSG » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:19 pm

I was thinking, maybe OpenCart needs to stringent the Refund Policy. From the customer's point of view, it's good for them if the extension really doesn't work. They can get their money back. This will give all the customers a sense of assurance in purchasing from OpenCart.

However, from the developer's point of view, it's disadvantage to them. We spent time to develop. We are talking about software here. They download it, there's no way you can be assured they remove all copies of it. Well, and some customers might just give some nonsensical reason and ask for a refund. There they go, they get a free copy of an extension without paying.

My point of view, refunds should only be given for extensions that doesn't work. If the customer purchased wrongly, NO, he shouldn't get any refund. How would you clearly know if he purchased wrongly? How would you know that he is not just trying to get some free goodies here?

The current policy is surely too lax for I can say. A simple reason can easily get your cash back. This isn't good for OpenCart & the developers (OpenCart lose your commission and developers lose their hard pain work)

So, how do you think the Refund Policy should work here? ::)

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by i2Paq » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:42 pm

How will the seller gets his extension back and how can he verify that the buyer does not keep a copy?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:14 pm

That's my point. How will we, the seller, know the guy is not using it or keeping it anymore? So there should really be a need to have a better refund policy - yes? no?

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by OdetteDuclos » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:32 pm

You can return items sold and fulfilled by AmazonWireless for a full refund within 30 days from the shipping date.

Giveaways Streuartikel

Location - USA

Post by nil2567 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 am

I start to think it is not worth selling on opencart.
I do my modules as simple as it can be.

peaplo just have to apload admin/catalog to the root and I have good feedback and there is some clients that buy the module and sey it didin't work and opencar give than the money back.

I prefer selling here but I had clients that were refaund and continue using my modules.

Opencart could at least wait a few days and make contact with seller and buyer.

I sometimes send email to opencart and I receive answer like they don't read what a asked.

I don't know, but thay should change their policy of change money back wihout no asking .

amozn/ebey and others give a month for the problem to be solve before give money back.