Post by kajugustavo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi,

I need your help figuring something out. For a few months I have been running my store with OC 1.5.2.1, now I want to create a second store only for certain products that I have on my main store. I have been checking out the multi store feature and that is the perfect solution for what I need.

My "problem" is that when a customer visits my store, I want them to choose whether they want to visit store A or visit store B.

Right now I have www.storeA.com up and running.
Store B will be a subdomain of StoreA: storeB.storeA.com
what I need is when people enters www.storeA.com, they will be asked if they want to visit Store A or Store B

Any thoughts?

note: I am not a programmer, developer and I do not know how to write code. I apologise if this has been asked before but I did not find anything on the forum.

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:48 pm

Create an index.html file and place it in the root of storeA.com. In that html file, place the links to the other 2 stores: storeB.storeA.com/index.php and storeA.com/index.php

Expert Member

Post by Out2lunch » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 pm

florinsith wrote:Create an index.html file and place it in the root of storeA.com. In that html file, place the links to the other 2 stores: storeB.storeA.com/index.php and storeA.com/index.php
This is exacly what we have done for our 6 shops running with Opencart...

You might find your webhost has changed the page load order so it will open .php files before htm/html files (this happened to us), so drop the following code into the top of your .htaccess file

Code: Select all

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php