Post by TIK » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi.

I am posting here as I wan not sure where I should put this. I am looking at moving my companies site over from a ecommerce hosted soution, to opencart, but have read that after so many products, things can start to run slow.

We have approximately 45,000 products to list, so are aware that we would need a half decent hosting solution. We are currently looking at the TSO clustered grid option, but we are now sure if this would be enough (although it couldn't be worse than what we currently have).

Any advice on if this is suitable for us, or any other recommendations are greatfully received.

Thanks.
Last edited by TIK on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIK

Post by cwswebdesign » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:41 am

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by cmrogm » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:11 am

I would recommend JustHost.com, they're great!

I would avoid Rochen, they're, in my opinion a nightmare to deal with.

Post by madimar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:36 pm

TIK wrote:Hi.

I am posting here as I wan not sure where I should put this. I am looking at moving my companies site over from a ecommerce hosted soution, to opencart, but have read that after so many products, things can start to run slow.

We have approximately 45,00 products to list, so are aware that we would need a half decent hosting solution. We are currently looking at the TSO clustered grid option, but we are now sure if this would be enough (although it couldn't be worse than what we currently have).

Any advice on if this is suitable for us, or any other recommendations are greatfully received.

Thanks.
Do you mean 45,000 products? ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by TIK » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:43 pm

madimar wrote:
Do you mean 45,000 products? ;-)
Yes - I do. D'oh - typing errors in the excitement of moving the site :laugh: I have now fixed it, thanks for the spot.

TIK

Post by Nichol140 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:54 am

ImageCWS Website Design and Marketing.

Post by merry » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:19 am

TIK wrote:Hi.

We have approximately 45,000 products to list, so are aware that we would need a half decent hosting solution. We are currently looking at the TSO clustered grid option, but we are now sure if this would be enough (although it couldn't be worse than what we currently have).

Thanks.
TIK, welcome and I'm not sure that you are getting replies from other companies that use OpenCart AND have 45,000 products to list. Certainly I would recommend the "Official Web Host" for any cart, and that means Arixe for OpenCart. Their servers will be optimized to run the program.

Regardless of who you choose, I would recommend that you have a serious chat with the firm before you make a decision. Make sure you get an account rep who will understand and tend to your needs.

Best of luck to you,
Merry

Most answers are from my OpenCart 1.5 User Manual CURRENT TO 1.5.5.1 and includes free updates.
FREE HELP! 60-page user guide with OpenCart Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Install Guide & 30 Minute QuickStart Guide: http://showmeguides.com/

Location - Mexico and sometimes Texas