Post by codeweaver » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:51 am

Hi Daneil & Team,

We are having major complaints that a customer has no idea what their delivery charge might be until such time as they login. This is becoming a huge problem for many of our clients.

My proposal to fix this:

In the admin panel, under Configuration ->> Setting ->> Local you set where YOUR STORE is based. Opencart should use this information to show a default shipping charge in the basket.

In addition, if you have FREE DELIVERY and any other delivery options available, it should work out what is the cheapest possible option and display that as:

Sub Total: £99.99
Delivery From: £0.00
Total: £99.99

One extra thing, when we have "Prices Inc Tax" selected to YES, it should also show delivery cost including VAT, which it does not. - Please could we fix this at the same time.

Is there any way we can get this fix asap, as I have 3 clients saying that they want to move to a different cart system as they all believe they are loosing business.

Your thoughts, Daniel?

Open Cart Customisation

Post by codeweaver » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:55 am

Also - when "Prices Inc TAX" is set, we tend to find that the Checkout Confirmation page does not include TAX.

I thought that it's possible that this is the same issue as the delivery excluding VAT problem?

Open Cart Customisation

Post by codeweaver » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Any response on this?

Open Cart Customisation

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:00 am

codeweaver wrote:Also - when "Prices Inc TAX" is set, we tend to find that the Checkout Confirmation page does not include TAX.

I thought that it's possible that this is the same issue as the delivery excluding VAT problem?
it does show show tax!

it shows it in the order totals.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:03 am

codeweaver wrote:Hi Daneil & Team,

We are having major complaints that a customer has no idea what their delivery charge might be until such time as they login. This is becoming a huge problem for many of our clients.

My proposal to fix this:

In the admin panel, under Configuration ->> Setting ->> Local you set where YOUR STORE is based. Opencart should use this information to show a default shipping charge in the basket.

In addition, if you have FREE DELIVERY and any other delivery options available, it should work out what is the cheapest possible option and display that as:

Sub Total: £99.99
Delivery From: £0.00
Total: £99.99

One extra thing, when we have "Prices Inc Tax" selected to YES, it should also show delivery cost including VAT, which it does not. - Please could we fix this at the same time.

Is there any way we can get this fix asap, as I have 3 clients saying that they want to move to a different cart system as they all believe they are loosing business.

Your thoughts, Daniel?

I don' beleve customer complain about this!

I have run many stores and never had such a stupied complaint!

of course there is shipping charges what shopping cart site does not have this? your customer is an idot who should know better.

I thnk this is just you that wants this so you can get paypal express, google checkout to work or possibly for a one page checkout.

Please don't try to threaten me that your clients will not use this shopping cart if you don't get the features you want!

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator