Post by lasersharkdesign » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:24 pm

I currently have a web store with 3dcart. Pretty decent, but, being a control freak, I'd rather just run/host/control the store myself. Just installed Opencart (after checking out others like oscommerce) and I'm blown away by how great it is.

I've got one problem I'm trying to figure out...

Is there a dropdown image Option for items available?

Here's an example of what I'm looking for:
http://shop.lasersharkdesign.com/Pet-ID-Tag_p_8.html

Thats a pet ID tag on my 3dcart store. Check out the Option dropdown for "Shape" - as you pick a shape, it updates the image next to it. Nice and clean, doesnt use a lot of space.

The only image option I can find for opencart is the 'image' one - which shows all images at once, with a radio button.

I also sell decals - one of my big sellers is zombie stick figure families... when setting them up in opencart using the 'image' option, the image selector for 8 family members, with 12 different options for each means I have 96 images to scroll through. It's not pretty, and extremely confusing. (Here's a link to my not-live beta store with the item set up - check out that scroll... ugh! http://www.lasersharkdesign.com/shop/in ... duct_id=51 )

Is there an option in opencart I'm missing, and if not, is there a module/extension somewhere I can use to achieve this without having to custom code it myself? I've looked everywhere, and cant find anything.

Thanks.

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:39 am

Options Boost does option image swapping with the main image. I used to have support for separate image swatches but after the new image option radio type that was added in 1.5.1.3 I wondered if it was worth adding back.

Administrator

Post by lasersharkdesign » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:22 am

I realize theres not a LOT of need for it, because for most purposes the image radio button works... but when I have 12 (then later... 20) options, it's unweildy. And when you can select that 8 times... oof!

I'll check out the options boost you mentioned.

I used to have an image gallery, and a simple dropdown, and basically say "go to the gallery to see the images, then pick" but customers found that confusing. The imkage dropdown was the perfect solution.

Maybe I'll try custom coding it once I'm more familiar with opencart - I only installed it yesterday ;)

Post by elsewhere » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:30 am

i've actually just release a mod for this almost. instead of an additional image that changes with the selection, this allows for images in the dropdown itself.
Any options that are "select" based can have images associated via the standard admin interface. These will then be displayed as image dropdowns on the product pages that use these options.
Also allows for css styling of your drop-downs.

This will re-skin the dropdowns that dont use images as well
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=5137

Location - Philadelphia

Post by Pauline135 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:51 pm

ImageI'll check out the options boost you mentioned.

Post by lasersharkdesign » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:43 am

Optionsboost is clunky. Instead of using the image attached to the option, you need to re-attach an image to the option again in the product options - so you attach the image twice.

It also rewrites the main image, so the image of the item in the cart and in order history is of the last option selected. Very interested in this new dropdown version of it, but I'm waiting to see a live demo page instead of some small screenshots. $10 isnt much, but I already bought optionsboost - I dont want to pay again for something thats just as clunky.

Post by elsewhere » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:14 am

lasersharkdesign wrote:Optionsboost is clunky. Instead of using the image attached to the option, you need to re-attach an image to the option again in the product options - so you attach the image twice.

It also rewrites the main image, so the image of the item in the cart and in order history is of the last option selected. Very interested in this new dropdown version of it, but I'm waiting to see a live demo page instead of some small screenshots. $10 isnt much, but I already bought optionsboost - I dont want to pay again for something thats just as clunky.
live demo is up

http://opencartdemo.x10.mx/desktops/Apple-Cinema-30

admin login is : demo / demo

this is free hosting so if the site gets slow, i appologize

Location - Philadelphia

Post by lasersharkdesign » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:47 am

You're about half a second from getting my $10.

Can you change the size of the displayed image?

Post by elsewhere » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:15 am

lasersharkdesign wrote:You're about half a second from getting my $10.

Can you change the size of the displayed image?
Ill throw in a free vqmod in a but that lets you use the native size of the image up to a user definable maximum size. Default image size for option images is 50px x 50px.
I could do it now but it a pain to write xml on my phone, lol

Location - Philadelphia

Post by lasersharkdesign » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:25 am

I'm good at code - point me in the right direction and I'll find and tweak it myself if I need larger than 50x50.

I'll probably buy it tonight when I have some time.

Post by elsewhere » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:47 am

lasersharkdesign wrote:I'm good at code - point me in the right direction and I'll find and tweak it myself if I need larger than 50x50.

I'll probably buy it tonight when I have some time.

Code: Select all

image sizes for options are defined in /catalog/controller/product/product.php
look for around line 253
foreach ($option['option_value'] as $option_value) {
                  if (!$option_value['subtract'] || ($option_value['quantity'] > 0)) {
                     $option_value_data[] = array(
                        'product_option_value_id' => $option_value['product_option_value_id'],
                        'option_value_id'         => $option_value['option_value_id'],
                        'name'                    => $option_value['name'],
                        'image'                   => $this->model_tool_image->resize($option_value['image'], 50, 50),
                        'price'                   => (float)$option_value['price'] ? $this->currency->format($this->tax->calculate($option_value['price'], $product_info['tax_class_id'], $this->config->get('config_tax'))) : false,
                        'price_prefix'            => $option_value['price_prefix']
                     );
                  }
               }
just chane the 50, 50 to what ever you want

Location - Philadelphia

Post by Georgia186 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:24 pm

ImageI'll check out the options boost you mentioned.

Post by Dozer12 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:13 am

Can you help me in making this little images displaying big images when mouse is over it?