Post by simple_one » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:13 pm

Having Tested Vmart 1.1.3 extensively and the amount of bugs it contained I am convinced that it is not the cart for myself. In-fact the payment process was is so advanced (apparently) that we have not made even 1 sale through the website because of it. we have made sales through the phone however which is interesting. where by the clients have referred to the items contained in the Vmart.

Few features that is was lacking back then which we needed was a very simple Bank transfer Payment module. This it would seem has become 'all other cart systems' default which is awesome. However after sifting through their forums even years later ... not even a hint of it being incorporated. The Current Version , well I don't know if it has this but will find out shortly as I will setup a whole entire website and test this feature.

Yes I am unfortunately a Joomla Buff, But have also used several other CMS systems including SilverStripe , Drupal and other smaller MVC systems.

Still I prefer Joomla. And with the New K2/Gavick pro Addon's it has become even more powerful and feature rich then it was @ 1.5.21 (current version)

next thing I would like to know , is how can these people practically steal your cart , integrate it into joomla and rebrand it as joocart or Jhshop? and the cheek of selling this implementation.. Shame on you. I would expect that for the money you guys ask for these 'band-aids' are split 50/50 with the original makers of this excellent system.

I only recently began looking for alternative carts as this Vmart one is really getting to me. But like I said I will test the latest version and see what new and improved functions it contains.

I have looked at these 'bubble-gum' solutions and apart from the ugly green template for the first one , I dislike the per license feature. Which to me seems like they are taking the credit for the excellent job you guys have done.

The Second one , is very amtuer looking at best and the test links at the bottom are laughable , the shop link is 404'd and the Admin link provided has an outdated password. so for lack of professionalism I would not look at that one either.

So maybe option 3 would suffice until a better implementation is found ... Iframe -it ;) or back to Vmart to see what the newer version beholds.

thank you for an excellent product and if only you guys could build a better bridge (implementation) into the joomla CMS
that would be the turning point for many vmart followers including myself.

Nz Shipping problems maybe resolved here.

Post by simple_one » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:07 am

There is of course a problem with Shipping , as Described in my Sig but either they are working on it atm or it has come to a standstill.

O0

Post by zeroevil » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:23 am

joomla is nice so is open cart. but if i was to pick one i would use open cart. now if you had a news site and forums and a shop all rolled into one site then maybe i would say joomla. but open cart was much easier to learn for me since its much more user friendly.

I recently moved to the island formally owned by Dr. Moreau and currently live there lost in a ocean of computer code with my cat Nigel... help us!!!

Post by simple_one » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:00 am

I will agree , having used Joomla since version 1.0 it has been a learning curve.

but once you find it's in's and out's it really is powerful and easy to use.

Trickiest part is changing template design in fact.

and even this is not a issue anymore if you have the right tool ;)

;)

Post by mhoq » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:31 am

Now JooCart is available for latest OpenCart version 1.5.1.1. http://www.soft-php.com/joomla-ecommerce-system.html

Post by SXGuy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Dont really think you can compare joomla and opencart, the two things are completely different.

If you want a powerful CMS then joomla would be the way to go.

If you want a site mainly for shopping carts, then id pick opencart.

But to base an opinion on which is better is like saying is it better to have cucumber with a salad, or in a sandwich.

Both can be used, but neither are exactly the same products.

Post by MyJuliet » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:08 pm

VirtueMart current version is a huge clusterfuck IMO, although I prefer the earlier version. VM 1.1.3 is hell buggy. As long as the forum's look and unresolved issues.

Tera Gold Cheap|Buy Tera Gold|Runescape Gold

Post by beipink » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:03 pm

MyJuliet wrote:VirtueMart current version is a huge clusterfuck IMO, although I prefer the earlier version. VM 1.1.3 is hell buggy. As long as the forum's look and unresolved issues.
No need to repeat this anymore :)

We like both OC and VM ;D

Post by MarieM » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:13 pm

You don't have to choose between Joomla and opencart as you can get the shopping cart which combines the features of both. There are two options actually - AceShop and MijoShop. Both of them resulted from Joomla and OpenCart integration and absorbed the best features of each - convennient cms back end and powerful store management features like multistore support. I'd recommend to take a closer look at MijoShop - http://mijosoft.com/joomla-extensions/m ... pping-cart
detailed review of features can be found here:
http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/ ... h-mijoshop