Post by SparxGroup » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:49 am

What Live Chat do you reccommend out there? One that is free/open souce.

I have tried loads of them, and LiveZilla seems alright, but not easy to customize.

What are your thoughts, how hard would it be to make a module for live chat? Would somebody give me a price?

Post by jhubb » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:44 am

Hi, I would 100% recommend LiveZilla, it's the best free live support software that I have found.

I have also used Craft Syntax but found it to be slow and very clunky for the customer, it kept disconnecting.
OpenWebim which was very good, but I preferred to have a desktop interface as again, the web interface could be a little buggy.
Helpcenter (I think) which didn't have enough features.

I love LiveZilla, and they are releasing a new version with more features and mysql support very soon.

If you need any help customising it, drop me a PM.

Post by jhubb » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:46 am

Oh, and I also tried Woopra, got a beta account, and it was OK, but a bit too fancy for me. more geared towards people wanting live stats than live support.

Post by phpuk » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:07 am

I have setup LiveZilla for a couple of customers and I quite like it.

Phil.

Global Moderator

Post by johnsmith12709 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:21 pm

Woopra was good and looks fancy for chatting..
http://www.prodigyapex.com/

Post by neatpleats » Wed May 19, 2010 2:59 am

LiveZilla is PC based.
I am working on a module that will put Skype, Skype-chat, Aim-chat, Yahoo-chat and MSN-chat into one module. You just click on whichever client you have and you chat with me. I don't like the live chat window because it implies that I am sitting here waiting to answer your question. With the chat window, it will pop up in front of my face when the customer has a question. You can see it on my site. At this time, I only have Skype and Aim-chat but the rest are coming.

Neat Pleats Lamps & home decor since 1993.

Location - Baltimore, MD

Post by tonyb299 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:05 pm

neatpleats wrote:LiveZilla is PC based.
I am working on a module that will put Skype, Skype-chat, Aim-chat, Yahoo-chat and MSN-chat into one module. You just click on whichever client you have and you chat with me. I don't like the live chat window because it implies that I am sitting here waiting to answer your question. With the chat window, it will pop up in front of my face when the customer has a question. You can see it on my site. At this time, I only have Skype and Aim-chat but the rest are coming.
It looks good :)

picture mouse mats and mugs

Location - East of England, UK

Post by easyhost » Wed May 26, 2010 10:37 pm

I use Mibew Messenger. its free and PC based

very easy to use and customise

comm100 is also free and good but this is a host based app as they host this on their servers.

Terry Robertson
Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers

Location - UK

Post by trait » Sun May 30, 2010 3:35 am

Why not try GTalk?

you can view it on our website: http://trait-tech.com/
Bottom of the page, and click.

We setup 5 account for our salers

use iframe to include it in your webpage.

We also tried MSN, but need to enter name and code, so I recommend GTalk.

And it easy to setup:)
http://www.google.com/talk/service/badge/New

TRAIT-TECH.COM Wholesale electronics with factory price, dropshipper from China

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:45 pm

LiveZilla seems to be the most popular one, however it can only be used on PCs as they don't offer a web client (you have to install the client side software on your PC). So us Mac users are SOL.

I'm using Mibew Web Messenger. It's a free open source live support program and you can use it on PC/Mac/Linux or whatever. You install it on your server and then they have a web client you can access it through. It's pretty nice. They just updated it to version 1.6.4 so they are actively developing it. It offers pretty much all the features you need to get live support going on your website and from what I've noticed it doesn't slow down my page loading speed any. I tried Crafty Syntax Live Support before Mibew, and that one slowed down my page loading speed significantly.

http://mibew.org/

Post by easyhost » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:03 pm

opencartisalright wrote: They just updated it to version 1.6.4 so they are actively developing it.
they have had version 1.6.3 for the last 2 yrs i know of, so updating is slow compared to others

Terry Robertson
Easyhost Media Group

Location - UK

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:07 pm

easyhost wrote:
opencartisalright wrote: They just updated it to version 1.6.4 so they are actively developing it.
they have had version 1.6.3 for the last 2 yrs i know of, so updating is slow compared to others
Are you using another one now?

Post by easyhost » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:19 pm

opencartisalright wrote:
easyhost wrote:
Are you using another one now?

i am using livezila on my main site but i do have Mibew Web Messenger on another site, but not had the time to ungrade this yet

Terry Robertson
Easyhost Media Group

Location - UK

Post by opencartisalright » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:27 pm

easyhost wrote:i am using livezila on my main site but i do have Mibew Web Messenger on another site, but not had the time to ungrade this yet
I'd actually like to use LiveZilla as it seems like it's way ahead of the rest in terms of features, however i'm not willing to start running Windows on my Mac full-time just so I can use it. Mibew messenger is good enough for me at this point. It does it's job nicely.

Post by easyhost » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:39 pm

opencartisalright wrote:
easyhost wrote:i am using livezila on my main site but i do have Mibew Web Messenger on another site, but not had the time to ungrade this yet
I'd actually like to use LiveZilla as it seems like it's way ahead of the rest in terms of features, however i'm not willing to start running Windows on my Mac full-time just so I can use it. Mibew messenger is good enough for me at this point. It does it's job nicely.
yup id does its job but as you say livezilla is way infront.

another one is comm100, this is hosted by them and not hosted on your server

Terry Robertson
Easyhost Media Group

Location - UK

Post by imadam » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:16 am

i used comm100 and it's ok but a bit slow. i wish there was more customisation for the admin but it does it's job ok. very very few customers use it though which is a shame but it allows me to see customers on the site and what they're doing before they call.

my opencart carpet cleaning woking guildford and Office Cleaning Services in Guildford

Location - Surrey

Post by Die Hard » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:20 pm

I would like to recommend freezilla. It has got a lot of features which are also easy to use and I must say it is as good as any paid live chat software.

You can try it here: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server

Post by easyhost » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Die Hard wrote:I would like to recommend freezilla. It has got a lot of features which are also easy to use and I must say it is as good as any paid live chat software.

You can try it here: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server
Filezilla is an FTP program and NOT a live chat program

Terry Robertson
Easyhost Media Group

Location - UK

Post by imadam » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:48 pm

easyhost wrote:
Filezilla is an FTP program and NOT a live chat program
lol ;D

my opencart carpet cleaning woking guildford and Office Cleaning Services in Guildford

Location - Surrey

Post by madimar » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:11 pm

More or less I agree with most of users.Livezilla for professional fully featured chat module. Google talk is also really good for easy to set up, simple chat module (it doesn't require any local client).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My last mods: Partita IVA e CF | Pro EU VAT Number | Sales Agents | Pricelist Pro
-----------------------------------------------------------------------