Post by Daniel » Sun May 03, 2009 7:16 am

OK guys, i'm having a little trouble creating the "I agree to terms" for the checkout.

In versions 1.x because the way the payment gateways are setup it would mean i need to add " agree to terms" to every ayment gateway.

I was wondering what you think of my alternatives:

1. after clicking slecting the payment options and clicking continue you have a full page with the terms listed and a checkbox saying "I agree to terms" and a continue button. On clicking the continue button you are sent to the checkout confirm page.

2. Have the checkout confirm page display the terms in a box and then under the box "if you click continue you are agree to the terms listed above".

What do you think?

Administrator

Post by reefnut » Sun May 03, 2009 7:30 am

I vote for number 2 since I think the first option will lead to more abandoned carts.

Post by Qphoria » Sun May 03, 2009 8:57 am

Yep, I had the same conundrum. I added it to the Payment selection page.

Donate!|OpenCart Basics|GeoZones

Administrator

Post by phpuk » Sun May 03, 2009 10:37 am

I do it in the payment selection page of carts as it applies to all payment methods.

I add a link to the "Terms and Conditions" page and a simple checkbox saying "I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions"

I don't let the customer progress until they have ticked the box. If they try to continue I add some simple error message like "You must read and accept the Terms and Conditions".

Phil.

Global Moderator

Post by halalan » Sun May 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Couldn't this idea be part of the account creation process, so its only done ONE TIME when the customer creates their account on the site?!

A simple check box that they must check saying "I have read and agree to the terms & conditions"

The Terms & Conditions is always a displayed link on the site normally anyway.

Helping Each Other With Knowledge....
WHPOA.NET CTOA.NET CEMETERYTN.COM

Location - U.S.A.

Post by Daniel » Mon May 04, 2009 1:04 am

i'm going to add it to tyhe payments section. Seems a good idea.

Administrator

Post by jnixus » Mon May 04, 2009 3:13 am

I like the check box option as it is simple rather than displaying the T&C in its entirety.

Location - London

Post by tommix » Tue May 05, 2009 1:41 am

Daniel wrote:OK guys, i'm having a little trouble creating the "I agree to terms" for the checkout.

In versions 1.x because the way the payment gateways are setup it would mean i need to add " agree to terms" to every ayment gateway.

I was wondering what you think of my alternatives:

1. after clicking slecting the payment options and clicking continue you have a full page with the terms listed and a checkbox saying "I agree to terms" and a continue button. On clicking the continue button you are sent to the checkout confirm page.

2. Have the checkout confirm page display the terms in a box and then under the box "if you click continue you are agree to the terms listed above".

What do you think?

Why to every payment script need to add code? it's not needed. In that page where people see choose of payment systems after it you can add text area with terms and after that checkbox with I agrree... and JS (jQuery)to check is checkbox checked -if not -show error and do not proceed to checkout :)

Post by mal-schauen » Mon May 11, 2009 8:15 pm

The T & C need only be in the account creation to be confirmed. The T & C are also still on a link in the menu.

Alles für die Anwendung im deutschen Sprachraum
Hier gehts zum deutschen Forumbereich

Location - Germany

Post by mal-schauen » Mon May 11, 2009 8:16 pm

The T & C must have a checkbox be accepted. Only then can an account be created. T & C should be better in a separate window to be opened if Javascript is disabled.

Alles für die Anwendung im deutschen Sprachraum
Hier gehts zum deutschen Forumbereich

Location - Germany