Post by crazypetfood » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi All,

I was reading yesterday about duplicate site content (descriptions etc) across multiple sites or stores, it turns out that with the launch of Google Panda update, the organic search results suffer.

I have had this happen to me on .com searches, but not on .co.uk searchs (organic) I wonderd ifDaniel or the other devs know about this? maybe a future update??

To get around this, I will have to manually create duplicate products for my stores, each with different descrptions, or spun descriptions. I would guess it's the same for content. It is a pain considering I have to add 100's more products :(

I got my info from:

http://www.further.co.uk/blog/5-ways-to ... -sites-321

Google take on it:

http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... tent&type=

SEO Essex
SEO Services London
Website SEO Essex

Post by uksitebuilder » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Not sure what the dev's can do about this.

Product descriptions are down to the user.

If the user decides to paste word for word the manufacturer's description of a product.

Product pages themselves have the canonical meta tag embedded, and this is as much as can be done by the dev's

If I have misinterpreted what you are asking/stating, please clarify.

Guru Member

Location - United Kindgom

Post by crazypetfood » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:33 pm

you pretty much said what i thought would be said to be honest :) I will basically change all the descriptions, I hope that i dont have to change all the content, it is hard when your reselling goods, you have to use their descriptions for the goods, you can slightly alter them though..

Thanks for the response though :)

SEO Essex
SEO Services London
Website SEO Essex

Post by crazypetfood » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:48 pm

forgot to add..

because I currently use multistores, I may in future just create seperate databases, import the products and alter the titles / content etc.

there is no point in using one database and making duplicate products with different titles etc... kinda makes multistore sort of redundant .... shame it's such a great idea... unless we can think of a way to spin titles ad content, hell maybe add a spinner tab in the product section?

I know there are open source spinners out there, maybe we can add the cose as a future update?

SEO Essex
SEO Services London
Website SEO Essex

Post by asphole » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:06 pm

I've written a vqmod description spinner for this exact reason. Now whenever a page is loaded an automatically spun version is displayed. You obviously have to set up each description in the correct format {word1|word2|word3} etc but it means that the content is constantly changing and is different on ALL multistores.

I'd be happy to give you a copy if you're interested. (Still deciding if its just too good to risk my competitors getting hold of it!) ;)

Post by asphole » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:08 pm

PS: It uses the latest version of vqmod and OC V1.5.1.

Post by acugraph » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 am

asphole wrote:I've written a vqmod description spinner for this exact reason. Now whenever a page is loaded an automatically spun version is displayed. You obviously have to set up each description in the correct format {word1|word2|word3} etc but it means that the content is constantly changing and is different on ALL multistores.

I'd be happy to give you a copy if you're interested. (Still deciding if its just too good to risk my competitors getting hold of it!) ;)
Hi Asphole.

Would you like to share your description spinner with me? I have the same problem as outlined earlier in this thread. I am running version 1.5.2.1 though.

Post by crazypetfood » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:30 pm

asphole wrote:I've written a vqmod description spinner for this exact reason. Now whenever a page is loaded an automatically spun version is displayed. You obviously have to set up each description in the correct format {word1|word2|word3} etc but it means that the content is constantly changing and is different on ALL multistores.

Could you give me a copy, PM me the link? I am using v.1.5.3, I do have older versions runnign as well.

Thanks so much.

As a side note, with the Penguin update, make sure your descriptions use H2 tags, H1 are by default used by OC in descriptions.

SEO Essex
SEO Services London
Website SEO Essex

Post by crazypetfood » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:20 pm

it's just google being the monoplised big search engine it is, they change stuff without giving notice, then either roll back, or leave as is.

SEO Essex
SEO Services London
Website SEO Essex

Post by trankgv » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:08 pm

How about using some article spinner to solve this problems,this kind of task is indeed very tedious and boring.

article rewriter
magic article rewriter