Post by jclaudii » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:24 am

Is there a way to make an extension or module that can allow ME to post a product as a "auction" item instead of it behaving in it's normal way. Basically if I check the radio button "auction" in my product setup area, it should then make it not hold in cart but allow multiple customers to type in their price (even multiple times) as long as it is higher than the current price. At the designated time, the auction closes and the last highest bidder will be awarded the option to add it to their cart and check out.

This was one of they ways I figured it may be possible to add this kind of functionality. I thought about trying the many number of php script style auctions, but for it to be integrated with open cart would look more professional and give users the sense of security they have come to expect out of the business.

basically I need a way to modify and add the radio button to turn "this product" into an auction item when it is set up.
A way to disable it being added to cart and a way to record and increment the last highest bid and bidder
a way to transfer the last highest bid and bidder to the cart checkout system so they can proceed like it was a normal item.

I know it sounds funny to do it this way, but working with the limitations of a shopping cart designed to be used as a "cart system" makes me have to think outside of the box. Any help and direction would be appreciated!

Post by crazypetfood » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:29 pm

It would be interesting to have a spin off of OC that is like madbid.com thats opensource....

SEO Essex
SEO Services London
Website SEO Essex

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Contact Fido-X, I believe he has done an auction set-up.

No OpenSource, but close ;)

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by fido-x » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Actually, I don't have an "auction" setup. The closest thing I've got is my "Make an Offer" module, which I recently updated for 1.5.0.x.

Haven't tested it with 1.5.1, but I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work, as it isn't strictly a "module" the way the others are. It's merely an additional "option" for the product page that is installed and configured through "Extensions->Modules" in the admin.

See viewtopic.php?f=124&t=36161 for more information.

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by jclaudii » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:14 am

would you be interested in co-developoing a auction module? Seems like your collecting all the information, just need it to be stored in the mysql table so it can be displayed and perhaps the highest bidder.