Post by i2Paq » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Did you try this with PrestaShop and Magento?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by webpie it. » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm not one on here to bother which such posts like this, your post is informative, but.....

i2paq is so right, try Magento and Prestashop for yourself with your code.

Not trying to convince you to use opencart, but i lasted on magento and prestashop for about a day. Then got rid of them!

I like to call them "commercial Slugs"
:)

Regards

Chris

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:33 pm

one of the biggest problems with the queries is that it does a product count lookup on every category. search for the 1.5 slow thread and try the second vqmod I supplied there. It doesn't really reduce the number of queries, but it does cache them, so subsequent page requests should have far fewer queries.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by guardianox » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:09 am

Referring to only the number of queries on each page is not good enough, you need to keep in mind the quality of queries too.

Couple of heavy queries can bring the server down faster than a large number (been there, done that :P). Opencart seems to manages the queries very well, and my server is fine.

As i2Paq said, you should take a look at Prestashop, I have used it some time ago on a different hosting service.... needless to say that my hosting providers de-activated my account because i have reached my 100.000 queries per hour limit (i was the only one browsing the shop, it was freshly installed).

I've also seen users complain about 1500-2400 queries per page on the prestashop forum.
I also know that ZenCart renders about 600-800 queries for page, as for Magento.. I haven't tested yet.

Guardian Ox Themes
Latest : Stylish - Live Preview Theme Info
Previous: Lucid - Live Preview Theme Info

Location - Romania