Post by oc5 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi, i was wondering how many OC can be install & run under loads of sub-domain & databases in 1 hosting account? will it clash between databases or moake sites run slow? How capable that 1 shared hosting account can support? any idea?

oc5

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:33 pm

depends how many other clients your host has on the same server. also the sp-ec of the server.

you will find opencart is the best performance over other carts though.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by peteVA » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:22 am

I have several hosting with me who have at least 3 on one cpanel account. They have 2 add-on domains so that has a totally different url, but it would work with subs, as well. Just that the main domain would always be shown.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by peteVA » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:34 am

You have asked this elsewhere, also. That is not a good way to do it, as you don't get all the answers at one place.

The sad fact (as a business owner) is that carts in general are not heavy resource users. Sad because that means they are not pumping out thousands of orders per hour. Simply due to the overall lack of constant activity, they hardly make a blip on the server usage screen. Sad, but true.

So it really doesn't matter how many you have.

I host almost exclusively shopping carts, not just OC, but others as well and can tell you that on my server overall I never have to be concerned with bandwidth usage, never even get to 25% of what's allotted by the server supplier.

A Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
Web Hosting Under $ 5.00 Month! FREE Shopping Carts!
25,000+ Real Wholesale & Dropship Sources!

Post by oc5 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks for replies, i will try to understand more about it :)

oc5

Post by SXGuy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:38 pm

I run 8 sites with Opencart, all have an average of 200 products.

I dont even notice how much bandwidth, or storage they use, it doesnt even reach 10% of my max allowed and this is over a period of 2 years.

My opinion is you could in theory have hundreds of shops.