Post by yyopsgen » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:49 pm

Morning All

We have just introduced a new "christmas club" style scheme where customers register for direct debit, pay for there goods on a payment plan in advance then when ship on receipt of the final payment. For the purpose of opencart i needed to create a new payment option so used the cash on delivery x10 extension to create some spare payment methods for me to customize. I have used the changed the relevant language php file to change its display name and works a treat shows on the customers invoice and for our records. Now what I want to do is when they press confirm on the last stage of the checkout as well as opencart performing all the usual things, adding to database and sending the two emails, i want it to automatically forward the customer to our direct debit form hosted by our payment partner for them to complete. Its just a simple forward as there is no need to pass any variables as once filled in we then contact them to append the correct payment plan depending on what they want. I cant for the life of me work out where the code needs to go for this. I have had a lock at other payment controllers but doesn't make a lot of sense... Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks chris

Post by straightlight » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:42 pm

You can, either, contact the extension developers since you're using payment extension modules, or create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact an Opencart partner by using the Resources link at the top of the site, or contact me directly via PM to get this done as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by grgr » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:53 pm

There is a small issue that the success page clears the cart and some session variables. So if the customer does not get to he success page then this will not happen.

If my addled brain is remebering correctly, the confirm button points to the the pertinent payment controller.

So I suppose that you could edit the DD (COD as was) payment controller (../catalog/controller/extension/payment/YOUR_PAYEMENT_METHOD.php

Then change the the redirect line to:

Code: Select all

$this->load->controller('checkout/success');

$json['redirect'] = YOUR_DESTINATION_URL_HERE;
DISCLAIMER: I've not given this much thought or looked at the files, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me I'm being an idiot.

-

-
Image Image Image Image
VIEW ALL EXTENSIONS * EXTENSION SUPPORT * WEBSITE * CUSTOM REQUESTS

Location - UK

Post by straightlight » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:57 pm

$json['redirect'] = YOUR_DESTINATION_URL_HERE;
Take note that if the target redirection URL is internal, by using $json['redirect'] without replacing the &amp with & will still fail to redirect properly from most servers.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Dembe » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:43 am

If you never used it try disabling it and you’ll lock your phone instantly instead of it waiting a little. It makes your phone feel super snappy when locking. That’s only if you never use and power button shortcuts https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/.