Post by JuJue » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:53 pm

Hello everyone.

I hope so much, someone can refer me to a OC module developer who can actually develop a module that would work on a mobile device such as a mobile phone.

Why?
I tested over a 50 or so different module demos and, to my shocking surprise out of all of them there was one, I mean ONE as in 1, that worked. Most of the other didn't even load or if they loaded, didn't work anyway or fell back to a OC default design/functionality.

I mean c'mon, it's almost 2021. The vast majority use mobile devices these days. In fact, hardly anyone even owns a desktop computer.

So, I'm looking for that One developer who could possibly manage that a module works on a mobile device, too.

If anybody knows of anyone, would you Please come forward and pass me their contact details? Please?

Thank you.

Location - Australia

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:23 pm

Perhaps post it on the commercial support section of this forum, to find a professional developer who can do a custom job.

In general, OpenCart uses responsive web themes, based on bootstrap, and in our experience the vast majority of standart-compliant OC web themes work just fine on mobile devices.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by cedcommerceteam » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:47 am

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.

You can post your here - viewforum.php?f=88

There many mobile responsive themes available for Opencart's different versions you can also look into it in this way.

Thanks!!!

Call us at : (+91) -8765210318 , Skype: live:carlmorgan.cedcommerce , Email: support@cedcommerce.com
CedCommerece : Officail Opencart Partners
CedCommerce Official : www.cedcommerce.com
Opencart Services : www.cedcommerce/opencart-services.com
Sell On various Marketplace Integration : Opencart-Extensions
Magenative Mobile App/IOS Development : magenative.com
Webinar : Power up Your holiday season marketing with the Automation tool

Post by JuJue » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:28 pm

Thanks to everybody for their reply.

The query but wasn't about themes, it was with regards to "Modules".
The them is fine. But when I check a module which I wanted to buy, it never works on a mobile device. From all the modules I'd tested (far over 50), only one [1] worked on a mobile device.
Hence, all the modules available at Opencart's Marketplace are worthless since the majority of people use mobile devices, these days.
Why all these developers who create all these modules/extensions for Opencart only make it work for desktops, that begs the question. If it was the year of 1997, I could understand but it's almost 2021.

I will try to add a post in your suggested forum and see if there's anyone capable of carving out a module that would work on a mobile devise.

Thanks

Location - Australia

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:48 pm

We have loads of 3rd party extensions, including modules, running just fine on mobile devices.

Can you be more specific, and let us know with what extensions exactly you experienced issues when viewed on mobile devices?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JuJue » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:42 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:48 pm
We have loads of 3rd party extensions, including modules, running just fine on mobile devices.

Can you be more specific, and let us know with what extensions exactly you experienced issues when viewed on mobile devices?
Extra product fields
Extra tabs
...you name it.

You can pick the colour. Check just about "Any" demo, I bet their demo works fine on a desktop but when you check their demo using a mobile device, you'll be chocked.

I don't buy anything that doesn't work during a test drive. Would you? If they can't get the demo working, why would anyone risk their money on it?
Logic, Please?

Location - Australia