Post by jorem » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:16 pm

Building shop for a pizzeria that also delivers. I thought they e.g. charged a fixed sum each time they do, i.e. no problem to implement in cart. Turns out they're not delivering at all unless the order at least is a certain total sum. Like this: the delivery minimum sum is $10. Customer orders a pizza costing $7. Then, he would be able to buy it for $7 and come and get it himself at the pizzeria, or pay $10 and have it delivered. However, if he orders two pizzas for $7 per piece totalling $14, he'll get the delivery for free since it's over $10.

I told my client that that setup will be tricky (I assume) to the shop and asked him if he just could charge $5 or whatever for delivery, regardless of purchase. But no, he just had thousands of menus printed where this method is described and he don't like to toss them right away.

Hoping that my description of the pizzeria's delivery regulation isn't incomprehensiv, I cross my fingers that someone in the community has some ideas on how to solve this.

Cheers,
Danny

Post by jorem » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Been thinking since I posted this thread. I'll simply add a delivery fee for orders under a certain sum and free delivery for orders above the same sum with the existing shipping modules. The client will have to accept that or be prepared to fork out a great deal of money to anyone who can fix the cart the way he like it.

So, this subject has closed, but thanks for reading. :-)

Danny

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:21 pm

Location - RO

Post by jorem » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks. Have checked all available extensions including that. The weird thing is that customers must be able to purchase below delivery fee limit in the shop if they come and pick the food up themselves.

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:44 pm

I understand now :)

You can make something like this

viewtopic.php?t=199528

Location - RO

Post by Johnathan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:21 pm

It sounds like you could accomplish this just by using the built-in shipping methods that OpenCart has. You'd enable "Pickup From Store" for the pickup option, Flat Rate for the normal delivery rate, and Free Shipping which activates over $10.00. That way customers who purchase under $10 only have Pickup or Flat Rate options, and customers who purchase over $10 have a free delivery option.

The Flat Rate method wouldn't hide itself automatically, but that's generally not an issue if you make Free Shipping appear above it (so it would be selected by default). If you did need something that automatically hid the flat rate, you could use Total-Based Shipping to do that. It lets you set up any flat or percentage rates you want (including $0 for free shipping) based on total. Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator